1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Reader's Choice IL Book Club - July 2015

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by PriyaSrini, Jul 7, 2015.

1. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Bibiolites,

Reading with a book club is entertaining . Usual practice : we chose a book, read it, share our opinions, reviews and also make friends along the way. But as book lovers, I bet that there is a book, that has been sitting on your shelf, while you hope the club would choose that particular book to read
    this month or probably the next .....

IL Book Club to the rescue..... yes bibiolites this month we do things differently. Pick a book, any genre, any language, it's Reader's Choice . Go for the one that you have been wanting to read for a looooooooonnnnng while. .... and read it with us.

Tell us the name of the book you will be reading (maybe you will find a buddy here reading the same book) and don't stop raving about it.

5 people like this.

2. lampdeepa

lampdeepa Silver IL'ite

Wooooooooooooowwwwwww... Reader's choice book to read.. I love it like Viewer's choice awards.. Awesomely Awesome.... Great Thread @priyasrini..

I am in for this club and i would want to read Kane & Abel by Jeffrey Archer.
    Anyone with me?

What are you reading @priyasrini and others?

3. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

4. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

Nice thread Priya.
    Amongst the many unread books that sit in my library, I'm currently torn between Elif Shafak's 'The Flea Palace' and GGM's 'One Hundred Years of Solitude'; can't decide which one to go for first.

I'm a book hoarder; for some I've literally taken years before I could finally get around to reading them :eek:)

5. lampdeepa

lampdeepa Silver IL'ite

Shiva Trilogy is a good choice.. Priya.. l will join you on the 3rd book of the series, which is pending on my reading list since a lonnnnnnnnnng time.

6. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

@Priyasrini and @lampdeepa, best choices. I love that trilogy and in fact read it more than thrice. You will have a nice session. Hoping to place an order for The Seeker or Scion of Ishvaku, and complete by this month

1 person likes this.
  7. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

hi priya and others,

I will start on the first book of the trilogy too..can't wait to discuss it ladies!!

1 person likes this.
  8. naliniravi

naliniravi Gold IL'ite

@PriyaSrini,

Readers Choice.... :goodidea: I have read Shiva Trilogy when it was published also Kane & Able. Though I have purchased all the three books, first book is taken by some one and not returned to me so far. I have not read any of Stephen King's books so far. I will try to read his books now. Can somebody suggest me some titles of his books which I can search in the library. TKU

9. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

Nalini,

Stephen King is my favorite author.. and am happy you are going to pick up his book..some of the books i love the most are, IT,needful things, bag of bones, skeleton crew(short stories),cell,the shining. He has this really huge series called Dark Tower, which am yet to start on. Hope to do it soon.

1 person likes this.
  10. jingi92

jingi92 Gold IL'ite

hi priyasrini ... hv read kane and abel ... many times in fact ... loved the book ... hv read all three shiva triology ... good one too ... hope to get bk to the book club soon now :)

1 person likes this.