1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Read a Childrens book online & this company donates that book to a needy kid/library

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by SriVidya75, Jan 21, 2010.

1. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Hello Friends

Someone sent me this and I was totally amazed at the options we have to do charity work.

Go to this website, register yourself and read a kids book ..Yes ONLINE ...by yourself or read it with your kid...all are childrens books..and guess what..the book you read online ..would be donated to a needy kid/library

We Give Books - How It Works

So we all have an opportunity to something to improve the literacy and help needy kids with some books

Good Luck

1 person likes this.

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Re: Read a Childrens book online & this company donates that book to a needy kid/libr

I just now registered SriVidya..
    Seems like a very good idea..
    Thanks for sharing this link..

sriniketan

3. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Re: Read a Childrens book online & this company donates that book to a needy kid/libr

Srividya

I too registered and finished reading my favorite book 'The Little Engine that could'. I need to remind myself the line 'I think I can, I think I can' every so often..
    Thank you, this is a simple way we can help some child to get education.

4. SriVidya75

Thank you Sri & Sundarusha!! Awesome...happy to see that you guys are the first ones to take a step to help kids ...

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Awesome Srividya, this now will help me rid my guilt of not reading to my DD as much as well as making a difference. Thanks for sharing.

6. SriVidya75

Rama

Am really glad that there are many of our Ilite friends here who are interested to help..thanks alot for reading and sharing:cheers

7. SriVidya75

Hi Dear

I too read this book today...I thought I could..I thought I could..I think I can..I think I can...I simply loved the blue engine...cute one and also pretty short story...yep good for kids...and me too:cheers

Off to read another one:thumbsup

8. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Hi Srividya,

What a noble thought this is. Thanks for sharing it with us. I too registered for the site and read the book "Baby Animals". :thumbsup

Jaya

9. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

It was a very good link Sri.
    Just finished reading 3 books. Baby signs; Animal babies and ABC's; with my LO besides me.
    Nice one
    Thanks
    -Nitha

10. SriVidya75

Heyyy friends...I too read Baby Signs....my SIL is expecting a baby..so we both were reading this one online to understand...

thanks to all of you for participating...yep read more books...that way you are helping other kids also..good job everyone!!