Re: The Best-Kept Secrets of a Happy Marriage

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by BharatS, Jul 19, 2012.

1. BharatS

BharatS Gold IL'ite

Basic principles of grihasta as recorded by manusmriti

1. Wife is the Divine path to husband and only successful grihasthas are allowed to take vanaprastha/sanyasa only after successful completion of grihastashram.
    2. Mother is the first teacher to a man in brahmacharya and Wife is the first teacher in grihastasram. No man shall ignore his wife to satisfy his personal needs or attain sanyasasram
    3. Wife is considered as goddess parvathi and husband is considered as lord shiva. All the noble karmas by husband are accounted for wife (to be precise, it is mandatory for the husband/man to practice yoga and do tapasya to attain moksha. But for wife, it is not necessary and wife/woman only has to help the husband to maintain ashram(could be house/kingdom/ashram) to attain moksha
    4. Wife is the Sajiva Maya or Chaitanya Maya. Such wife shall bring all the happiness to husbands life by virtue of her purity and chastity
    5. Wife is an embodiment of sacrifice, dignity, pleasure, service, Ahimsa and husband is the embodiment of braveness and intelligence with Ahimsa and patience. No man is allowed to forget his duties during the war time or enemy is around.
    6. A woman is weak in striking, but she is strong in suffering times. Hence the husband has to be ready to soldier the wife in striking times and wife has to stand by the husband in suffering times
    7. It becomes the duty of the wife to enlighten the responsibility of husband towards the kingdom. No wife shall stop the husband when going to war or no husband shall frighten away from war
    8. Woman possesses naturally in her nature innate sweetness, kind, tender, affectionate. Hence she is chosen medium for the growth of humanity. Hence it is the responsibility of the husband to make her mother. This will make the wife fit for Bhakti-Yoga.

There are more but I must confess that my knowledge is limited…

We all know a famous political leader in karnataka jailed for mining scam. He has so much love for his wife that he made most of the house hold items in gold and on her behest made very high charities to varies temples and others. But all the money is illegally earned by deceiving the state exchequer. Now should that gentleman be considered a noble person because he loves/takes care of his wife very well or should be punished because he has done great corruption. It is characteristic traits of any individual that determines his/her behavior towards the spouse. Nothing else.

@ Moderators - I hope my above message has not breached your guidelines. I request you to publish this post. I can understand your limitations for removing certain messages. But the person iam, i neither utter wrong on others belief's nor will i allow others to utter something wrong about my beliefs without proper justification. Thank you again in advance.

2 people like this.