1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Re: My 2.9 year old not mingling with other children and very adamant

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by NehaJuly, Sep 7, 2012.

1. NehaJuly

NehaJuly New IL'ite

Hi,

I have 2.9 year old son, and he does not want to mingle with other kids and not participate in activities. He has become stubborn also and refuses to listen. How do I go about bringing a positive change in him?

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Neha
    Is he going to school?? Many toddlers change after going to school/daycare

3. Mithiamma

Mithiamma New IL'ite

my daughter is same even after going to school...she doesnot mingle with other kids...she is 3.5 yrs old...dont know what to do

4. HasiniS

HasiniS Gold IL'ite

Dear ladies

I too had and to an extent still having such behaviors in my 33 months old toddler boy ...

I would blame myself for it .. Cause we didnt have much friends in Singapore and my son didnt have good company to grow up with ... He went to play school only when he was 2.5 yrs ... by that time they are half way in to understanding social life .. So that made him like this ... Now I am making sure that I find a company for him to spend time .... I know there is a long way to go ... And I hope soon he will be that good polite and friendly guy ... I would suggest you to find the root cause of your toddler's behavior ... Take them to play areas very often and dont get fed up if they throw tantrums ... And don't feel bad about their behavior .. Just make sure you say the other kid that she/he can share after your kid finishes playing and stuffs like that ...

1 person likes this.