1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Re-marriage after 50?

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by muts, Jul 5, 2010.

1. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

One has to think of the problems to be faced after marriage as the other person must be having some family or kids.
    Property and other monetary issues have to worked out. Grownup kids may not like to get help from new father !

2. ArchanaP

ArchanaP Silver IL'ite

Dear muts,

IMO, it does not matter even if the person has grown up kids to get married. Her kids will eventually get married and move on with their lives. So she deserves to have a beautiful companion, home and a life of her own at this stage of life. I know a member of friend's family, who got married when the kids are old enough to get married. She is accepted into the family quite well and has a happy and secured life. In this case the woman was a divorcee who had terrible married life.

If you are getting opinions for somebody you know, then you should be able to explain her the pros and cons of marriage at the age of 50. To me pros weigh more than cons. And please leave the society out so that she can have a blissful married life.

3. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Hi Arch, How are you doing? How are things at your end?

4. ArchanaP

ArchanaP Silver IL'ite

Hi Canwait,

I am good today, but not sure about tomorrow. You have been through the path, guess you know the meaning of it. But I am hanging in there and can't wait until I am through with this.

How are you doing? How's life treating you?

5. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

hmmm.. may be you can consider procuring a PM Archana.

6. ArchanaP

ArchanaP Silver IL'ite

Hi Canwait,

What is 'PM' before we get kicked off from this thread? We should communicate more. Is there a way to do it on this forum?

7. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Okay it is Private Message. We are not allowed to share our personal mail id's here. This chat will soon be removed for all the obvious reasons.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  8. ArchanaP

ArchanaP Silver IL'ite

Oh... silly me. I think I should get one and will let you know. Meanwhile have a good life.

9. reshsabu

reshsabu Gold IL'ite

IMO, at the age of 50 you need a life partner even more.

At younger ages, say around 30 you have kids and career to keep you busy and you are much healthier.

At 50, things are different. The kids (aged 25 and 20 ) will soon start their own families and get busy with their life.In another 10-15 yrs,she will retire from her job. So, at this age, you need the support of a life partner more than in any other phase of life.

If you discuss the positives of a remarriage to her, I feel she may seriously consider it.

10. mapleleaf

mapleleaf Silver IL'ite

IMO a conservative Indian woman in her 50's MIGHT get offended if somebody suggested this to her out of the blue.
    Each person is ofcourse different and how she views finding a life-partner a second time is totally upto her.It might also depend on how long she has been a widow and how close she is to her kids. Her version of finding happiness might be different from yours and mine. Only a person close enough to her can tell what her views on another marriage is. As a wellwisher (for lack of information on what your relationship to this lady is) you could talk and find out her views on this. Best wishes and Good luck :cheers