1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

...Re-Invent Opportunity...Looking through the Lens...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by RamyaVaradharajan, Mar 23, 2011.

1. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

…:thumbsupRe-Invent Opportunity – Looking through the lens…:thumbsup

Mind, imbued with a sense of difficulty and victory, I stepped into the spanking new arena of Accenture way back in August 2009. Being fresh clay out of college, I had my own blues about campus to corporate transition. Out of the safe haven of the classroom, there came a time in Green Field Training when we were tested on schedule and deadlines. Completely out of my passionate and comfort zone of Bio-Technology, I had to raise my standards which demanded me to top up my cup of tea with Object Oriented Programming and J2EE. Greek and Latin were not the only languages that swirled around my ears like an Anopheles that eagerly whistles for her blood meal, I whispered to myself, in one of the training sessions…

Always with an open mind to accept challenges and to convert them into opportunities, I have glided myself through the variety that life imposed on me! Examinations and prayers with self-confidence went hand in hand..60 being the cut off grade to clear the Green Field examinations, I had notched the 57.5 mark thrice over the span of 3 months, thereby forcing my wait in the break out area for exit formalities through the HR.

What stopped my tear in rolling down my cheeks that afternoon?
    What pushed me to look life beyond Accenture, then?
    What doubled my morale?

There is always a life beyond what we think is Life and a life within ourselves if we travel inwards!
    Yes, the confidence and the strength I gained that day, pushed me to the training back, when the HR had travelled abroad and that I was given a chance to continue with my training from the very same day! Completed my GFT with a vigor, I was one among the very few who was placed in a project the very next day of GFT completion! Was it the confidence that I had in myself that paved the way to showcase my talents? Or was it the luck factor that took its head when tossed up with? Like Armstrong’s one small step on the Lunar Surface making a Giant Leap for Mankind; my small entry into the Giant Accenture really opened up vistas infinite for which I thank the Heavens since heavens are reachable with ‘pluck’ rather than with luck per se.

A personal round of interview with the Team Lead made me aware of the fact that Development is a world by itself and to fit in there would take decades for me! With a lot of guidance and support from my team members, I became functionally strong in no more than 6 months time and attended a telephonic interview with my Client to move on to Testing framework in the same team! Pretty impressed and it clicked my way.. From there-on, till date it’s a constant march forward.

Not just with the project deliverables, but with a space for my own creativity, I teamed up with the Managers to initiate various proficiency related efforts and other value-adds that could be inculcated being on the Corporate Social Responsibility side! Blooming with constant accolades & appreciations for the responsibility and efforts undertaken has been a part and parcel of my growth here! I have always been looked upon for any kind of content creation or a power point presentation, now in my project. Am proud to look back at the turning points in Accenture especially when successful certifications fell into my bucket, and even more proud, to be associated with the same Account for more than one and a half years which was flavored with a gradual promotion too!

Looking through the lens, I feel accenturized to walk into the campus each and every day of my career!
    Richard Bach’, author of ‘Jonathan Livingston Seagull’, quotes on the marvel of a book, viz, ‘Zen and the art of Motorcycle Maintenance’ by the world famous expert ‘Robert M Pirsig’ as “A hypnotist’s crystal… sparkled with diamonds”… I for one feel that I am finding diamonds in Accenture. This book will change the way people think and feel about one’s Life. I read this book, but my realization culminated in Accenture’s philosophically pragmatic work culture!!

Being a part of HPD (High Performance Delivered) unit will be a pleasure and a learning curve throughout my life!
    This has been my stepping stone and will shine like the pretty most star in the Galaxy of Life!

:cheers Ramya Varadharajan

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ramya,
    Nice to see you back after a long time..
    Accept my congrats and wishing many more to shine in the galaxy of life :thumbsup:.

3. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hello Ramya,

Kudos to your way of looking at Life:thumbsup

A very well-written inspiring piece of blog there!!:2thumbsup:

May YOU achieve more accolades in your

career and share about them as well with us.

[​IMG]

Love & Regards,
    Saras

4. RamyaVaradharajan

Hi Srini ma'am,

Its definitely great to be back in IL.. that too after a gap of almost 2 yrs !!

Feels at home when ever i cross IL pages... and feels heavenly to reveive FB from close ones like you :)

Thanks a ton for your wishes and blessings.. :)

Regards,
    RV

5. RamyaVaradharajan

Dear Saras ma'am,

Your 'Kudos' have kindled my interests even further.
    Thanks a lot for your (pictorial) wishes and blessings.

Of course, this is the only platform where I can share my mind and heart ! :)

Regards,
    RV

6. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Ramya, kudos for your attitude...the 'self-confidence' is the mantra for all our success I think,....:)