1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

re:husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by jooti, Oct 12, 2007.

1. jooti

jooti New IL'ite

Hi ladies, regarding huband and his il';s(my parents), it's true that there is a distance, but i think in my case its more, that his parents would not like it if he talked alot/or became close with anyone in my family, esp my parents. I think that my Il's want to be the only thing in my DH's mind, and that;s how he has been brought up. My sister's DH is very close with my entire family, including my parents, bcoz he was brought up very differnetly, and taught to respect everyone, including wife's family. i really wish my DH was more like my sis;s Dh in that way. ALso when there are any problems
    (marriage/work etc) my Dh just wants to run home to his parents, even last night he had a bad day at work, and he told me he wants to move back home! I think that my IL"S made sure to train him, to always think of them annd his sis first, no matter who else is in his life. just my thoughts!
    jooti

2. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Re: husband

Hi friend ,
    You are right.Now a days all inlaws are like that.They want their son to be purely for them and at the same time they want their son-in-law to be very close to them.See the justice of their's.They want their daughter to be the queen in her in law's house but they want their daughter in law to be a servant.

3. Eastlady

Eastlady New IL'ite

I couldnt agree 100% with that. I thought with more education, globalization etc the outlook would change. But 'most' indian mother in laws will not change. Its funny since I look at the DIL's that have come into my extended family back in India and all my aunts are so caring, give the girls ample freedom, literally raising their kids, buy them gifts and dont expect their sons to cater to them day and nite. So we girls expected the same thing from our MIL's when we got married but were in for a shock.
    What a sandwich!!!

4. incarnation

incarnation Silver IL'ite

My DH and family matters have been exactly same.
    DH and MIL are older than us but highly immature.
    In India we should listen to our elders but these types ????????
    God save the nation, they is no space for logical and correct thinkers in our family system...

5. HappyHearts

HappyHearts New IL'ite

I completely agree with HemlathaK and Eastlady. Its so true, although I m lucky not to have a SIL :) but I am pretty close to my cousins who have got married and their wives rule their house and My aunts go all nuts showering them with praise and affection in front of everybody. With me its totally opposite my MIL wont spare a moment when she cannot taunt me in every possible way when we are alone. Its so humiliating at times but I have to keep my mouth shut as our Indian Culture demands us to be respectful of our elders . :idontgetit:
    Sometimes I think to hell with them all..but my MIL is so smart she will never do anything in front of my DH. So even if i think of telling my DH he will never support me. ITS so Unfair:rant