1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Raw VEGAN Diet

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by YoginiVenkat, Apr 21, 2015.

1. YoginiVenkat

YoginiVenkat Silver IL'ite

Hello Friends,

My original weight was 62. After delivery, I bloated like anything and reached 85+. I put in all my efforts to reduce, yoga, exercise, strict diet, and so on. But nothing was regular. Still, I managed to reduce and my weight was 77(last month). I was wondering when I will come back to original weight. I wanted to look slim, and young. Then came a post on FB for the Raw Vegan Diet. Inspired by the post, I started my diet on April 13[SUP]th[/SUP]. Its been a week eating the raw veggies, and drinking green smoothies. Along with this, I was into fast walking for 20 mins. Out of curiosity I checked my weight. I weighed exactly 76. Yeppiieeee, I was jumping. So I wish to follow this diet for a month (for now) regularly. IL is one of my biggest motivations. So will share my day to day activities here for constant support from you friends.

I also browsed about the diet and came to know that thyroid issues, abnormal sugar and BP levels are controlled with this diet. So I am into this diet and will check my thyroid and sugar levels next month. So wish If any could join me on this diet for a month.

Here goes my preparation for this diet for a week

I followed the exact food tips that a girl posted on FB with some modifications. Let me share it here.

Morning Tea: 1 cup of Green tea
    Workout: 30 minutes walking (20 minutes fast) + 3 sets of surya namaskar
    After workout: 1 spoonful of powdered Flaxseed with buttermilk
    Crunch: 2 almonds, walnuts, and dry grapes for munching in between
    Breakfast: Green juice (ingredients below)
    Mid-day snacks: Handful of Fried gram dal (pottu kadalai in tamil) and handful of roasted chickpeas (uppu kadalai in tamil) – had the remaining for evening snack as well
    Lunch: Salads + Buttermilk
    Evening Tea: 1 cup of Green tea
    Mid-Evening snacks: 1 banana + Remaining of Mid-day snacks
    Dinner: Cooked pulses such as Half cup of boiled beans/kidney beans/channa dal
    Dinner fruits: Papaya or any fruit variety

Ingredients

Breakfast: Green Juice
    Half Bunch of Palak and Coriander leaves (steamed), handful of Mint, 1 tomato, 1 big piece of ginger, 2 cloves, 1 Cucumber
    Grind all the above ingredients and squeeze 1 lemon and have it. Don’t strain it cos all the fiber will be removed. Just drink it. Make use of coriander in any of the juice u prepare for a total detox!

Mid-Day/Mid-Evening Snacks: Apart from mentioned, mix of chia seeds, sesame seeds, and hemp seeds can also be taken. Nuts such walnuts, cashew, peanut, pista, etc can also be taken. But definitely not in excess.

Lunch (prepared for a week): 2-3 carrots, 3 medium beetroots, 3 capsicum (1 yellow, 1 red, and 1 green), ½ cabbage (red or white), 2-3 celery sticks, few olives (if you get). Yellow capsicum tastes so good. U gotta try it!! Cut all the veggies and refrigerate it for a week.

Dinner: Boil any of the cooked pulses (protein rich) with little salt and turmeric. Have this little early for proper digestion.

Fruits: Fruits desired can be taken anytime.

And last but not the least, have lots of WATER.

Tips:
    • Wash the vegetables very well. You can soak it in warm water and add some salt/vinegar to it.
    • Browse for protein rich veggies and pulses, as protein will help in burning fat faster.
    • You can also check for more attractive recipes with the raw vegan diet.

3 people like this.

2. goldfish99

goldfish99 Silver IL'ite

I too chanced upon this diet plan on FB and have started to implement it. All the best to you!! :)

2 people like this.
  3. YoginiVenkat

Hello goldfish99,

thank you. And all the best to you too. So how long are u doing this? How are you finding it?

1 person likes this.
  4. YoginiVenkat

@AkashyaATM

1 person likes this.
  5. YoginiVenkat

@AkshayaATM Tagging you..

1 person likes this.
  6. AkshayaATM

AkshayaATM Senior IL'ite

Tomorrow will be my day one on raw food diet. I am planning to take only fruits and veges. All the best to all. I weigh 69Kg right now. I will keep posting my updates.

1 person likes this.
  7. YoginiVenkat

All the best, @AkshayaATM

Try having the green juice. It seems to fill the stomach for a good start. If u go for that, add a big piece of ginger if u would prefer ginger flavor..and Have some pottu kadalai for munching in between.

8. YoginiVenkat

@AkshayaATM, Have u started with your diet. Now my weight is 75. and I am ready to follow the same diet for the coming week as well.

9. AkshayaATM

AkshayaATM Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    @YoginiVenkat. Yeah i have started my diet. its fourth day today and i have already lost one kg. I am also going for walk in the morning for 40min covering 3-4km. All the best for you. And my diet contains only fruits and veges. I am not taking nuts as i need to loose weight bit quick.

1 person likes this.
  10. sumathysuguna

sumathysuguna Silver IL'ite

Hi yogini, add some 4 cloves of garlic in veggie juice. It helps to reduce the cholesterol too. And my suggestion is instead of dinner(remaining pulses [need some digestion process]), have a bowl of mixed fruit salad. It will help u to sleep well at the end. Add a bit, jeera, fenugreek and sesame powder(a quarter tsp) with any juice or plain water for the balance in our body.

MKeerthi and YoginiVenkat like this.