1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ravana Is My Role Model!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, May 24, 2016.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Cimorene
    The senile tap is just trickling like the corporation taps of Chennai! But this one won't dry up, I assure you. It may hiss like a snake at times but that's just like the thunder before the rains! But you never know when it will rain here. After all Chennai is not Cherrapunji!

In the meantime you may have noticed that OJ needs no Muses. On the contrary, the muses will deem it a honour to get attached to his writings!

Cimorene likes this.
  2. Cheeniya

@Shanvy
    Dear Shanvy
    That was a pleasant surprise seeing you walk in and offer your shoulder for me to cry on! You know I was just joking when I said that my fan following had shrunk. I love writing here and I am not a member of any other forum. The 'Loyals' keep me glued here like Araldite in TV ads!

You are right about Ravana. Barring his abduction of Sita, he was known to be a great Ruler and scholar. I have read a lot about him. He was a great warrior as well as a learned scholar. Ravana was regarded as the most brilliant demon who had thorough knowledge of 4 Vedas and 6 Upanishads. Once he was known as Dahanana (ten headed demon), but he was crowned with the name “Ravana” as he tried to destroy Mount Kailash where Lord Shiva was meditating. However, Lord Shiva on the other hand forced the whole mountain with his toe and crushed Ravana's forearm. Feeling the pain, he screamed in agony and came to be known as Ravana (the one who screams). Since then he became a devotee of Lord Shiva and wrote the Shiva Stotram.

The Scholar Ravana was a master of many sciences. He was well versed with Ayurveda. He has authored Ravana Samhita which talks about the science of ayurveda. Ravana was also the greatest astrologer of hist time, and was aware of esoteric practices similar to black magic. Once he captured all the nine planets and vehemently made all of them to be in lagna bhava to make Meghanatha, his son, the greatest of all. Ravana knew 64 different kinds of arts and had a deep understanding of the vedas.

Ravana was a master of tantra vidya and created an optical illusion of thoughts while fighting his enemies. His wrote “Ravana Samhita” a famous Book which is an excellent compilation of his scholarly works. But then he had a weakness for women which was his undoing. And that coupled with his ego, hastened his end.

Thank you for your nice words, Shan! They mean a lot to me.
    sri

Shanvy, kaniths and jskls like this.
  3. Cheeniya

My dear @Viswamitra
    That was a hilarious response! Particularly about the Doctor wearing 'Kavacham' to protect himself from angry child-patients! You are as much a multifaceted personality as my Doctor. Your writings never fail to keep us engrossed whether they are on Spirituality, Commerce, Economics, the burning issues of the country of your domicile or just plain humour. I reach the treetop and twirl my mustache in pride and you smile at me indulgently from the moon! Your observation about the physical movement of royal persons in our TV serials deserves serious contemplation. When Mahabharat was being telecast, I have seen many referring to their Mathasri and father as Pithasri!
    sri

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

Thank you, my buddy OJ!
    Sri

ojaantrik likes this.
  5. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

I know my insomnia is taking a toll on my neurons but am pretty sure I didn't imagine but indeed saw few posts by oj and cim here in the morning and thought I will read later?! Or I did slip a moment, slept and dreamt of it all? WTH! :grazy:

ojaantrik, vaidehi71 and shyamala1234 like this.
  6. Cheeniya

kaniths
    I never knew ILites came in your dreams too! It was a day dream surely!
    Sri

ashima10 and vaidehi71 like this.
  7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

OJ had replied a long one which is too short now and another after that which is missing, also a msg by cim which had Shylock references! They all are gone definitely for whatever reasons I wouldn't know! So I shall 'believe' I was dreaming indeed! :)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    ojaantrik likes this.
  8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya sir enjoyed your Rambling .i consulted a Neuro surgeon for my neck pain and he advised me to go for a scan .I was at Velachery and the scanning center is at Egmore.i was wondering why this man is preferring a far away scan center and MRI was taken .Next day i went to meet the Doctor and he replied your cervical bones are very weak and that is the reason for pain. Then he asked my age and i said 47,and now comes the brilliant answer from him"You are 47 now and you could live for another 15 to 20 years .so you have to bear the pain till your end."For getting this answer i have spent Rs.7000 for scan and Rs.300 for the Doctor.still i live with same neck pain ,go for physio therapy if the pain is unbearable.

Cheeniya likes this.
  9. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya! OJ confessed! I wasn't dreaming at all! I rest my case now! :lol: Well played! ;)

ojaantrik, shyamala1234 and vaidehi71 like this.
  10. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kanith,
    Now I understand your fb. You read the long fb of OJ sir before it is deleted.
    Syamala

ojaantrik likes this.