1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ravana Is My Role Model!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, May 24, 2016.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viji
    I thought you had forgotten me! Good you could find the time and remember to post your FB to me! Being associated with the FP Forum, I write my impressions when I acknowledge the nominations there. This gives me an opportunity to read many good posts across the Forums. @satchitananda is a doubting Thomas. She thinks that Doctors lack humour! They are all brimming with it. We have to tap it out! It is the patient's responsibility. If the patient is grumpy, the Doctor will be doubly so! About the footwear, I have given my explanation in one of the FBs.

For your information, I make even my visits to Income Tax official, a fun filled one! The only place that I find no scope for humour is my dentist because I find conversation impossible when he is fully engaged in restoring order in my mouth!
    Sri

jskls, satchitananda and iyerviji like this.
  2. Cheeniya

Cimorene!
    What a whatever! Your visit confirms the readability of my Rambling. By the way. Thanks awfully for the poem by Ogden Nash. I am crazy about him! He gives me the hope that old men need not be a bore! Sometimes his poems make me philosophical like 'Old Dr.Valentine to his son:
    "Your hopeless patients will live,
    Your healthy patients will die.
    I have only this word to give:
    Wonder, and find out why."
    An awesome riddle of life that was!

You are touching upon a raw nerve, Cimorene! There was a time when people flocked in by the droves saying 'New Rambling by Cheeniya!' and forgetting even to cook. Those thousands have trickled down to a hundred now but I shall continue my journey nonetheless.
    Sri

shyamala1234 and Cimorene like this.
  3. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,
    That's was really funny.:lol:
    Next time I think of Ravana, I will think of neck pain and vice versa.
    Also would think about the palm tree...:cool:
    Thanks for this humourous write up.
    Regards,
    Vaidehi

4. Cheeniya

My dear Vaidehi
    Thanks for your liberal appreciation. I am happy you found it enjoyable! My love for Ravana started when I started suffering from spondylosis. If I can have this much trouble with one neck, how much would Ravana suffer I thought. And warmed up to him!
    Sri

vaidehi71 likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

How can I forget you my dear Anna, you are always in my thoughts and I enjoy reading every post of yours and feel happy that I have a brother in IL, thanks to Jey and Malathy. Half our sickness goes away if the Doctors are friendly and humerous. You are lucky to have a good Doctor. Whereever you go , to whomsoever you give fbs they are lucky. We are lucky to have you here in IL , for you Ravana is Role Model and for us you are our Role Model

Cheeniya likes this.
  6. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Let me fill in with a 'spinal tap' here!

Ah! That explains how iLites remained lean and trim for more than a decade and I always wondered what did people eat here that made them so lithe to prance rapturously in your literary courtyard. They simply skipped meals! An undiscerning eye (hope you don't mind our deviance into other organs) may dismiss this parody of "People forgetting to cook" as a canard but I've been cautioned from transfixed members, who rationed their visits to the loo, that when Cheeniya writes passionately one better camp in his rambling patio with privations that would last a week with no recourse to refill. In that hundred, you may still witness the clamber from two vicious gorillas (not the size but the ardour of them is humongous) who knock over your fence, stagger and reach the stopcock just in time to ensure that trickle from the 'senile tap' never dries up completely.

7. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Ovid sang to the Muses:

Of bodies chang'd to various forms, I sing:
    Ye Gods, from whom these miracles did spring,
    Inspire my numbers with coelestial heat;
    'Till I my long laborious work compleat:

Virgil sang to the Muses inquiring of Juno:

Arms, and the man I sing, who, forc'd by fate,
    And haughty Juno's unrelenting hate,
    From whence the race of Alban fathers come,
    And the long glories of majestic Rome.
    O Muse! the causes and the crimes relate;
    What goddess was provok'd, and whence her hate;

I am growing restless if our beloved ojantrik is stuck unable to decide which Muse to invoke in his creative stasis that will impel him to lurch here with his thunder, lightning and gust. So on his behalf, I beckon the Muses of the Asgard, Ninevah and Westoros, and that Starbucks as well to inspire him and rush here before sundown.

Cheeniya and Shanvy like this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@sri don't doubt the loyals. We remain so. And who knows the number of handles they take up here, you know what I mean.

Oouch talking about the raw nerve and the neck ( he who suffers knows the pinch).
    we still meander to the nominations threAd to catch up with the intelligent rambling owl as usual, maybe some of us forget to leAve proof of the visit.

In my case I wish I can go back to the days of waiting for the rambling phase. Times leaves it mark on all. So don't stop.

Btw I am a fan of Ravana too..a wonderful man misunderstood for being on the other side. Little do we realise we needed a Ravana to glorify Rama.
    A little darkness makes us appreciate light more.
    And with the number of doctors I have been visiting yours look tame and loads of fun.

Cheeniya and shyamala1234 like this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Like Bharaneedharan's travelogue of his visits to various temples, the visits you make to meet with your physician is becoming a very interesting read. Pain on the neck is perhaps caused by your positioning of your head when you type your responses to ILites when they nominate posts. Or even caused by your pillow or posture in which you sleep or even how quickly you get up first thing in the morning from your bed or how quickly you respond from your sitting posture when your spouse calls you. These are my personal experiences what generally causes neck pain.

I couldn't stop laughing when I came to know that all you gained is a piece of paper with some doodling of Ravana by your physician for Rs. 500. This reminds me of my business partner's comment when Tampa and Orlando cities did a combined study by engaging a top professional to study the pattern of future growth of these two cities. The consultant came up with a suggestion that the Interstate Road called I-4 needs to be converted into more lanes to manage the growth of these two cities after collecting $1,000,000 towards fees. My business partner said, "I would have suggested that for $1,000 and a wine bottle".

It is true that almost all the kings acting in the serials move their torsos to turn to either side and I always thought it is primarily because of the heavy jewelries they wear and to prevent their Crown not falling down. I didn't realize that they were suffering from neck pain. Perhaps, your physician drew Ravana's picture to express his disappointment that you have only one neck to treat and if each patient had 10 necks, his revenue per patient would have increased 10 fold.

Perhaps, he has the picture of a most revered sage inside his consulting room to request every patient to keep their shoes outside of his consulting room.

I remember consulting a pediatrician in Mumbai for my son and he had a lot of marks all over his body. When he suggested to give a shot to my son, he was wearing a pad over his thigh and his elbow like a cricketer, I asked him what was that about. He explained that most children bite him when he gives them a shot, he is tired of taking injection to protect himself from such bites and hence he started wearing protective pads.

Viswa

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    Cheeniya likes this.
  10. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

Nice Rambling! Enjoyed it!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    shyamala1234 likes this.