Ration Card is a must

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by Shanvy, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hiAbhi,

You are welcome. REgarding ration card, If your parents and in-laws have deleted your name from the list, the copy of the ration card before deletion and after deletion and a transfer form from the concern civil supplies of the place where you had your name in the ration card...should be attached to the application you you submit.

you need to give the deletion certificate, the marriage certificate , then the birth certificates of your children. Ask your in-laws and parents to get the copies of the certificates and request ready and and if they have copies of the birth certificates and the mc, they can apply for the ration card on your behalf

yes, based on this you will get your fresh card.

2. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Shanthi on sharing this very useful info.

Today I had been to Saidapet Ration card office to apply for a fresh card expecting some decent place to step in and seek the desired info. But in Vain as the small old office with narrow staircase passge had been busy with 20-25 members around each govt staff asking for info, submitting forms/collecting cards etc. There were few middlemen who were selling xerox copy of the forms for Rs.5 at the outside.
    The infrmatin abt the desired docuemnts etc were printed and pasted there , but no space to check it as its overly crowded.

God, I wish the govt reverts back the rule like Helmet rule till they have properly arranged the supply logistics on forms, office space, fresh cards, printing service and man power for quick processing of fresh cards and re-isse of old cards...

Till then I will keep visiting that place with filled forms and await the card for next 3-6 months.

The info provided has helped me now to do the next set of activities before the next visit.
    Thanks a Ton!!! You saved my travel time, anger and sweat!!

3. anubagi

anubagi New IL'ite

hi Friend,

Thanks a Lot, it is really a useful info.even i have to get the ration card & ur info is very helpful....

regards,
    uma

4. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Shanvy 's info was very useful.I have 2 things to be clarified.I have not got my ration card .Second thing I recently shifted to Velechery.When my husband could come during shifting,my old gas agency refused to shift my gas connection to the new address as the connection was in his name.Now when I go back to Chennai,I intended to se these things right.My husband will be accompanying me.So how I go about with these things.What all documents will we be needing?Please help.

5. kanaka Raghavan

I have got my ration card in my old rented address.How can these things set right?Shanvy or others please help.

6. AbiV

AbiV New IL'ite

Hi,

I have applied and got the receipt. My hubby was amazed that it got done in 1 day! thanks to shanvy, i went with all the required documentation.

7. AbiV

AbiV New IL'ite

For the ration card, i got the application form , pasted a passport photo for the head of the family, attached original deletion certificate and gave address proof. the office allowed me to sign - so that saved a trek to get husband's signature. they said to come and check after 6 weeks or i will get a postcard. i hope we get the card soon. they didn't check any other documentation.

i also applied for gas connection. the gas company asked for a copy of the ration card application - so make a note to get a xerox before handing over the application.

cheers,
    Abi

8. kanaka Raghavan

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hey abhi,

I just shared the info i knew. and hope you get the card fast.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

KAnaka,

Have you got the work done if not, you have to take the ration card and the new address proof, to the office that deals with your area. and get it done. I think there are days when you go for what problems do check out.