Ration Card is a must

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by Shanvy, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi leelal,

It is becoming really difficult. ration card is being asked as a proof for lot of things. pan card has a photo id but no address others have photo id. not id and address. ration card has proof of address.

There are lot of problems in the voters id card. Veda's grandmother who is 94 , is registered as a 50 year old lady with some other address but her photo. people like me who are part nri, dont get voter's id...

so ultimately we need the ration card...

this is from a person's angle....

Now government, could make the good smart card with all details in the same..it would really help..I am also for it...

but the govt never does these things perfectly. otherwise,how can it benefit issuing contracts for photo id for the same area for more number of times...

Though we don't get any of the subsidized items, we are being forced to get a ration card for identification purposes.and the pathetic part is the r ation card processing is still manual....making the wait more bad...

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

manju,

In the gas companies, they ask for ration card, as there has been some discrepancies, in the issue of free cylinder and all...

all the best .

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi all

I got my ration card. but the problem is too many printing mistakes..have to go back for 2 more rounds....

4. rs18

rs18 Senior IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

Please help me to clear few things

1. we have a individual ration card with my current address ( rented place) - year 2005
    2. i stay in adambakkam and where is the office for the same like ( if u know) pls guide me . do that too come under tambaram.

3. incase if i need to give a change of address ( my inlaws place) will they issue 2 different cards for a same address. as my hubby's name is in there too

Cheers
    Ramya

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi ramya,

I think for change of address, before it was done in alandur/one office is there in karuneegar street..don't remember the address.. do check with your ration shop if there is that office there or yours also in tambaram

regarding two ration cards, if your husband's name has been deleted from FIL's ration card and is there only in your card..it will not be a problem. they will change the address.

6. rs18

rs18 Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the reply shanti,

Will try to figure out the office . Thanks again

Ramya

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

The news last week is that ration card is must if you want cylinder refills. It looks like the gas agency can ask you to provide a copy anytime.

And also last heard, a ration card gets only one gas connection so that also adds problem...

ration card has to be used...atleast to take the sugar...if not used for 3 months, yours becomes invalid..according to the civil supplies.

now ration card does not come with the whole residence address, you get the street name, and then the pin code...so how is it going to be useful god knows....

8. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

dear shanthi

thanks for the info..

lov
    sowmi

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sowmi,

You are welcome

10. AbiV

AbiV New IL'ite

Ration Card - from pune?

Hi,

I have forgotten all about ration cards and gas connection!! thanks for the post. We were resident in Pune 4 years ago before coming to USA. Now planning to return to chennai, get the kids admitted in school and rent a place near school.

Can I transfer the card from Pune ? I dont think either my FIL or my father has our names in the ration cards as they removed all married children from the list a while ago.

will they issue a fresh card in chennai?