Ration Card is a must

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by Shanvy, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi aishu22,

Good. happy that the information was useful. sometimes, these small simple procedures look very difficult without proper knowledge and approach...this was just to tell all the procedure to the best of my knowledge without confusing anyone??

2. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Shanthi
    What you have forgotten to mention and most important is .... you keep WAITING for the ration card !!!

I applied for a ration card way back in March and am still to hear from them depsite repeated visits .

Neenga pongamma ... we will call you ".. is the answer you get..

"wise" people have advised me to 'take care' of the clerk at the ration office !!!

Maybe in desperation, I will come down my high horse and 'take care"!! :-(

Maybe then I will get the ration card ?

cheers

Bhooma

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

bhooma,

I have seen them very cordially handing over the ration cards..so it is question of your coming from the printers...

it has been divided into 3 parts...and been given to printers..so the numbers that have gone first would have come...maybe yours is still at the printers like mine....

you can use the copy of the application and acknowledgement for reference where ration card is a must...

since you have waited till now, you can wait till january...that is when mine is coming..i applied in june...

4. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

Your post was very informative... I do have a doubt regarding the ration card... Can we apply for the new ration card at any time? Is there any specific time for that?

Also, we have the ration card in Kerala..It is in the name of my FIL.. all three of us - my husband, myself and my daughter are included in that ration card... Now since we need ration card for many purposes in Chennai, can we just remove our names from the ration card in Kerala and apply for a new ration card here or should we get that papers from Kerala to Chennai? Any idea?

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi manju,

The only area I have not covered is interstate. but to the best of my knowledge, you have to get it deleted from your fil's ration card and in case of the whole family, it will a surrended letter, and they will issue a transfer order, and which you have to submit in chennai.

You can apply for the ration card anytime.. When going to apply, keep a copy of your marriage certificate, your daughter's birth certificate, along with the copy of your ration card from kerala, the deletion letter and the local application form..

To sum up...

1. Deletion in the ration card in kerala to be submitted in kerala, if you want a separate card for your family.
    2. If it is the whole family, you ask for a Transfer from kerala to tamilnadu.
    In this case you need to surrender the original card in kerala along with your applicaton for transfer, along with address to where you are leaving,that is a supportive document, like your working in this place..kind of... .here i emphasise to get a acknowledgement from the office, at any cost...
    3. You submit the surrender form along with an applicaton form here..which can be got from the people outside the particular office.. (they are smart, they know which one is which and infact help you fill up one according to the needs for a small fees..)

(P.S. as I mentioned in the beginnning always keep copies before submitting application forms to the government...). Hope this is helpful. All the best

6. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,
    Good News!!!! We got our New Ration Card yesday....I'm so happy because we did not have to face any turmoil at the Civil Supplies Office nor did we pay any "bribe" ....

Things went on smoothly... and we got it!

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Aishu,

Congrats. Thanks for posting. it is nice to know that you did not need to bribe. i still feel some of those people there are great..the amount of work,there is no computerisation, it is all done manually, the pressure and all......a three cheers to such officers....

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi all,

You have to go on mondays and fridays for collecting your ration cards..otherdays, you can submit forms..

this is the new display at the ration office in tambaram.

9. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

This post is quiet informative. Yday only I heard from my neighbour abt the requirement of the same for gas cylinder bookings. I have not yet faced this issue, soon going to ..

But I still wonder why this new rule is imposed? What is the need for ration cards for eacha nd every one?
    Nowadays most of the families are moving from BPL to lower middleclass and above. Atleast in cities, we hardly have middle income groups hitting ration shops for rice/sugar/kerosene and other items.
    We should be proud that we are not using the subisidised products and making high volume available to low income groups.

What Amma has done is gone. We should improve forward and not backward. Additionally we have other identity cards like PAN card, voter's ID etc. So most of us have obsolete ration cards, unwanted waiting times and processing at Ration offices.

Instead if a unique citizenship smart card is issued per family that contains all details even photo, blood group etc, this will be more useful for identification documents, address proof and all associated document processing towards population sensex data.

We can only CRY for the new rules and procedures like the HELMET rule... and simply follow existing practises. Hope I will be joining a Ration queue soon and keep waiting...

10. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Leelal,

Even I will be joining the Ration queue soon.. I have a gas connection, without ration card in Indane.. But now they are asking for ration card.. Oops! Going to face a problem next time we change residence...in 2-3 months...

Since we have a ration card in the native place, we need to remove our names from there and submit those papers along with the application for new ration card in Chennai.

Anyway, it is going to be a long process...shakehead