1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rasam, Salt, Rumi and Ramanuja

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Oct 21, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Rasam, Salt, Rumi and Ramanuja

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

Now you made me cry......

What can I say to this...Is it possible to write a fb for this kind of love...? No way Sridhar...I can just prostrate to Ramanujar and ask him to bless you as you are doing an yeoman's service. May this saga continue...

3. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

Rightly said by my dear akka above...
    Can anyone write a FB for this kind of LOVE.
    And true is the word service...Sridhar sir is doing a service to all of us here who are so ignorant of God and his love, he is educating us each day.

Sir,
    Every blog, almost every write up of yours has helped a lot in my process of being clam and learning to love.
    I love my children to the core as GOD does us.
    But there is a whole lot of difference, Can we normal human have the patience that god has on us when we make mistakes?????????Never.
    But I long to have that , and this is also possible only by his grace.
    Our Gr8 acharya....true, there can be no replacements at all to him..

Thanks,
    Kavitha.

4. sreedevikan

sreedevikan New IL'ite

dear sridhar

When Bharadwaja muni did a penance and requested brahma to extend his life to read all vedas Lord showed him huge mountains of vedas. even if his life was extended to million years he can complete that voluminous mountain. So on his request again Brahma gave him a fistful of scripture which the holy sage is still reading to day .
    you are like creator who are showering on fistful of essense of holy sayings
    I always feel there is so much and so much in this world to read and my life is not sufficient to drink the nector of literature
    and i thank god to be born as your contemporary becoz God has zipped some of the files which i have been missing through you
    i read ramanuja but not full just a fistful and on reading your anectodes i feel i should once again collect books on him to read more about him
    you are narrating the quintessence of ramanuja sayings and also rumis at the same time which we are greatful
    And this time your metaphor flaw less
    i think you have mastered in using of day to day examples as metaphors and if anyone wants to submit a dissertation on your writings they can highlight your usage of metaphors (this iam saying keeping in mind your usage of menucard metaphor in 'SHE' still iam going through it and your fbs to readers queries)
    Hope your book on comparitive studies of indian saints with islamic sufis is going to finish soon and iam awaiting eagarly for it
    If you need more on it you can refer to comparitive dialogue between zakir naik and pandit ravisankar about comparitive studies of hinduism and other religions
    love to see more from you:thumbsup

5. deraj

deraj Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sir

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks & Regards

Deepa Rajesh

6. madhumathi1974

madhumathi1974 Bronze IL'ite

You had matched our hearts with rasam and said that saints come to make us pure. this is absolutely correct.

i always think of ur stories when ever iam free , and follow to myself quietly.Appa i have a request for you i want to know more about ramanuja and ramanamaharshi. I have many books abot them but i want to hear them from you and in your style where i can easily get the summary and try to keep them in mind for ever.

Thankyou very much for giving us so gud and thoughtful stories.

your loving gf cum dd.

7. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Sridhar,
    What fb can i give, when you are bringing pearls of wisdom. May you shd publish a collection and i will be your first buyer.
    Thanks Sridhar, Jaya

8. ayyan

ayyan New IL'ite

Dear Sridarji,

I took long time to read your blog, really I don’t know how to write a fb in my language, I think it is far beyond my limits.
    I feel your blogs provide me a new world of reading.
    Waiting to see u again.

With Love
    Ayyan

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,
    Rumi's words are lovely..."God's balm to the sick soul.."

Reading about our great Acharya, his disciples and His Gurus...shows how much we have to learn in this world about Love..
    As always...enjoyed and digested but chewing goes on!

sriniketan

10. chithradhamo

chithradhamo New IL'ite

Sridhar sir every time i read your blog i learn a lesson . I read it so many times . i am not good at words to tell how much i enjoy reading your blogs and how much i learn from them . we do need saints to show us the path and take away evil from this world.first washing machine now rasam always will remind me of your writing and its message. now i want to read more and more of Rumi and especially Ramanujar. unconditional love the gurus showed we ordinary humans have to develope .Thank you so much sir for such wonderful stories of the great saints and also for Rumi.