1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Range Hood - Size

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Vedhavalli, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

My kitchen range is 30inches, my range hood is 36 inch.
    The rangehood stopped working, it's very old.
    The appliance store guy says if it's 30 inch range should be 30inch hood.
    Now should I buy a 36 inch hood or 30 inch?
    I'm thinking to buy more than 700 CFM, under the cabinet one.
    Also can anyone tell me what's the best range hood for indian cooking?

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I’m not sure if you can find range hoods with 1200 cpm for under the cabinet but that’s the best for Indian cooking. I’ll still make it 36 if I were you. For our kind of cooking, I feel that’s the better one.
    I was recently looking and got recommended the Best series by the associate in the store. Seems good.

Vedhavalli likes this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I got the Valore 30 inch when Costco had it. Amazon.com: Valore Cascade 30" Contemporary Under Cabinet Range Hood : Appliances

For me the main consideration was the noise level.

Its CFM ranges only from 175 to 400 but that's plenty for my cooking which includes shallow frying fish. I do wish we had space for the 36 inch hood. My range is 30 inches and an extra 3 inches of hood on each side would definitely help.

I'd suggest go for the best that Costco currently carries. Cannot beat its generous return policy.

You recently got a stainless steel refrigerator? If you care terribly about the overall kitchen look, you would need to also check if the steel color of the refrigerator is very different from that of the hood. : )

Vedhavalli likes this.
  4. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

We have installed a broan model canopy rangehood similar to this one a few years back -Under cabinet, but have external vent. That will take away the smell of Indian cooking.
    E60E36SS Broan® 36-Inch Canopy Wall-Mount Range Hood Shell w/ Light & Heat Sentry™, Stainless Steel
    Range hood of 36 inch will be better. But it depends up on your cabinet design If your appliances are stainless go for the same colortone.. Any thing above 300 CFM is good. But the trick is to switch on the hood before we start cooking to establish the airflow.
    I hope you are going for hoods with external vent/ blower. That will have a huge impact. Better options are available now. I found better designs/models in India than here.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    Vedhavalli likes this.
  5. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Laks09 likes this.