1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rang De Basanti

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Jasmine, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Jasmine

Jasmine New IL'ite

Rang De Basanti is a wonderful movie. Aamir Khan who is 40 years old portrays 26 year energetic youth (some times he looks old...forget it:oops: ). After all the great stars of Bollywood are 40+ except Abhshek Bachchan. The story of Rang De Basanti revolves around the freedom struggle and the current political scenario of India. The script has been very well handled by the director. The first half was a bit slow, but second half was exciting. Aamir Khan is as good as always. First time Soha Ali Khan did a better acting.

I loved this movie with a bit different story. Any other comments on this?

2. Chatter

Chatter New IL'ite

Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra has done an extraordinarily Brilliant work in his movie ‘Rang De Basanti’ which is a must-watch

‘Rang De Basanti’ has a story that entertains you, makes you think and stirs you deep inside when you see the similarity in the two different time periods. A great parallel movie deserves a big applause :clap I loved it!

3. Maria

Maria New IL'ite

Tax Free

Even the Delhi government was very impressed with this movie. The film has been declared tax free. This means more revenue for the producers and less for the government.

I didn't like the songs of this film. It was typical A.R. Rahman's with his South Indian accent, though the film revolves around North India (Delhi, Punjab). Just imagine a Sardar singing in Hindi with South Indian accent- Apni to Pathshala...

:oops: ...haha.

4. Maria

Maria New IL'ite

That is what this film Rang De Basanti has tried to show. The politicians think, if they have reached the Parliament, they have become a king. The sad ending of the film hurts a bit, but that's the story, the story writer must have thought. This movie could have only this ending, otherwise it would have been a general masala movie.

5. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Impressive!!!

Hi all,

I always love to watch Aamir and this was a treat. Aamir was not given sole importance as other roles were equally emphatic. (o wanted to see more of him!!!!) All in all it was a good retrospect. I enjoyed it thoroughly. My hubby was not as impressed as i was. All he could mutter was better than other movies now showing:tongue

For once Soha ali khan got a REAL role and did justice too.

1 person likes this.
  6. Shal

Shal Senior IL'ite

Rang de basanti music rocks!!

Dear Maria,

The movie was considered excellent as a package, not for the scenes alone. A.R Rahman's music in is no way southie styled at all(atleast in this movie and for that matter in any of Amir's movies including Lagaan, Rangeela, etc).

Being born and raised in Bombay, I vehemently oppose regional accents and harp on the fact that west/north/south/east Indian actors coming to bollywood should leave their accents back home and sound more Indian than regional.

Well, for your information, the song Pathshala doesn't have A.R Rahman singing at all!! It was sung by Mohammad Aslam and Naresh Iyer. And who cares who sings for a sardar or a gujarati as long as people like to hear the song? Who questions Abhishek Bachchan on singing hip-hop in the desi style when it actually 'should' be sung by Afro-Americans? Don't we still love the bluffmaster song?

No offense to your opinion, just like you expressed your idea, I have done mine:)

Love
    Shalini

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
    1 person likes this.
  7. Chatter

Chatter New IL'ite

Well, Maybe Maria was pointing to the music by A. R. Rehman and not singing by A.R.Rehman. He has that typical unique style of hiw own. She might be wanting more Bhangra in the film :)
    Everyone knows A R Rehman has great style using composition by a symbiosis of the best elements of technology and Indian classical instruments. We love his music.

8. Maria

Maria New IL'ite

I agree that this movie had a great package. I wonder how can you say that west/north/south/east Indian actors should leave their accents back home. It is as good as forgetting your mother tongue. You must agree that A.R. Rayman's music style has a South Indian touch. What's wrong with it? That's his style. But how can you digest Daler Mehandi singing a Tamil Song or an artist from South India singing Bhangra. Hope, now you understand.

9. Soniya

Soniya New IL'ite

Happy Birthday Aamir Khan

Aamir Khan has given a beautiful movie Rang De Basanti and it is his Birthday today (14th March). He has turned 41 years and he is still getting younger. This Holi he will celebrate his first Holi with his new Basanti (Kiran Rao) and will say Rang De Basanti. Wish you very happy Birthday Aamir Khan. We are all fan of yours.

10. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Anybody seen Rang de Basanti? How is the movie?
    I saw the review, that is very good. But here I am yet to
    get on DVD.