1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rambling! What Else You Expect Me To Do At My Age?

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 3, 2017.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

:roflmao:
    Hahaha!
    Ok sir, after you put it that way I will not refuse. I'll join the bandwagon. Give me some more time.

2. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

" Imaginary hair cannotbe combed dad " hahaha ! That was hilarious . I am loving your daughter for this :)
    But ofcourse it gave you a lump in your throat , so sorry .

Living in a society , how can we escape peer pressure ? We learn from others , good or bad . And we try to keep up with others . It starts very early in childhood when parents are always advising by comparing with other children .
    I think only old age , like that 104 lady , will give relief from this pressure . There are philosophical people too , who have trained themselves not to bother about peers and get on with their own spiritual progress . But they will also be secretly wondering if some other fellow has Spiritually more progressed than themself and what is lacking in their own progress
    :)

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@SCSusila
    Undergoing the agony of peer pressure is our own choice. I know a priest in Kapali Temple. If we approach him to perform archana for the deity, he would break the coconut and stand near a louder priest and toss the flowers on the deity without uttering a word. When the louder priest completes the mantras, our man will show the deepa to the Lord and bring it to us. He would not have uttered one mantra himself! He not only circumvents peer pressure this way but convert it to his advantage!
    Peer pressure is only for the ambitious. Mediocre chaps never feel it. I never felt it while I was in the Bank. I was as noncommittal in the Bank as Psmith of Wodehouse used to be! Having reached this stage in life, let me tell you that there is more to life than achievement of goals and squashing peer pressure. The earlier we realise it , the better it will be for us.

SCSusila likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I hope you don't mind my second feedback as I have so much to say about this subject.

The Indian cricketers were trained to practice visualization technique as to how successfully they tackle the bowlers and batters of the opposing team that would help them to handle it in real time when they play test or ODI cricket. May be you are visualizing attractive lock of hair before you begin combing your hair and other family members didn't know how much effort you have put in to visualize.

That reminded me of a joke of a reporter interviewing 80+ year old man to understand the secret of his good health. "I will tell you the secret" said the Octogenarian and added, "I have no bad habits such as smoking or drinking or chewing tobacco despite peer pressure". While he was answering, the reporter head a lot of sound inside the house and when he inquired further, the Octogenarian responded, "My apologies. It is my dad who drinks everyday and make a mess at home".

Sometimes even the faculties learn the knack of inducing the Melatonin to act through their musical voice that sounds like "Thalattu". Blaming your eating habit alone is very unfair.

Viswa

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    You are most welcome to send as many feedbacks as you please!
    Do they do that? I thought only the pilots of aircrafts are trained that way. My combing is slightly different. It is like flying back in the Time Machine. The effort to comb my bald head is make the hairy recollection more authentic.
    The story should probably go on further thus: 'Your father? How old is he?' asks the reporter and the and the octogenarian replies '104'
    My Professor had a voice that sounded like the ancient tram in Madras roads! Despite that, if I slept soundly, the credit should go entirely to my mum's culinary skills!
    Sri

Viswamitra likes this.