***** Ramamurthy Nagar,KrishnaRajaPuram YELLOW PAGES ******

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Bangalore' started by swaran, Jan 3, 2011.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Radhica...thanks for such lovely compliments...yes i was the same state as you were 1-2 years before and i also came to know that people who are living since a long time in that place too dont know much about the shops...hence i opened this thread to give and take information about the shops...happy to help you all
    I guess VJB has given you a useful link regarding pooja mandap purchase...i dont know much
    but few suggestions from my side for cheaper pooja mandap
    (1) there are various carpenters(not big furniture shops) on the roads of ramamurthy nagar who sell wooden furnitures for a cheap rate...maybe you can ask them...on the ramamurthy nagar main road,there are may of them...even if they dont know,they can guide you...guess you ll have to take some time and visit these shops...ask them for help
    (2)i saw one carved wooden furniture shop who sells items at discounted rate...from outside the furnitures loook very good...dint have a chance to peep inside...i remember this shop on the ramamurthy nagar main road..near to the more shop...i guess these people come somewere on the "baby park" road,in fact very close to them
    (3)If you are not very particular about wooden pooja mandap,you can ask the people who sell plywood/carboards...i believe these people also would make if you place an order...just like the carpenters search,you would have to spend some time searching here too

Thanks a lot for your lovely appreciation :thumbsup

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

*****ladies night/inner wear*******

SSP INNERWEAR

Location :: Ramamurthy Nagar Main Road,exactly opposite to Sangeetha Mobiles/Fasttrack Titan Showroom

Its not a big shop...ladies innerwear and night dresses are available here...they have varieties of brands(local and branded) and rates are also fine..i feel in ramamurthy nagar,this is a one stop shop for ladies innerwear....i have personally bought a variety of innerwear but night pants and nighties,sorry not yet tried..they also have corset panties,which you cannot find anywhere in ramamurthy nagar(personal experience)..these people are available i guess only till 8PM

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

********baby shops***********

Before my DD was born,me and my hubby were searching for good baby shops in bangalore...you wouldn't believe but we have roamed a whole eve in search of baby shops closeby but ended going to the baby shop in the cunnigam road...that was a long search.:spin..but 3 new baby shops are now available in ramamurthy nagar :)

BABY PARK

Location :: Ramamurthy Nagar Main Road,opposite to Moore super market..

All baby items,dresses,baby lotions,toys,baby seats,cradle,name it and you can find it here...just like other baby shops,this shop is also costly but not too costly...its affordable...i have bought few caps and lotions(lotions not available in medicine shops too are available)...they also have ladies dresses in the 1st floor(i have not checked the quality and price till now,so no comments)

BABY SHOP (sorry i dont remember the name)

Location::very close to Koshy's hospital in ramamurthy nagar

This shop just like other baby shop has all the baby items...cost affordable and quality also fine...this shop is not as big as baby park but you get all baby items...even baby birthday party items like angel wings,knife,decorative items,caps,eye masks etc are available here

BABY SHOP ..yes this is the name

Location::KRPURAM...street near to the Vinayaga Temple before entering Devasandra

I m sorry but have not entered this shop till now hence no comments...

4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

******* plastic boxes ,small items & toys***********

33/66/99 Rs BAZAAR

Location::Devasandra,KRPURAM,TC palya main road and all over bangalore

this is the only place i would go in case i need any plastic items,be it plastic containers(various shapes and sizes),plastic shelves,small plastic bathing seat,small plastic cupboard for keeping small items like earings,necklace etc,many many more
    Initially i too hesitated to go inside the shop thinking the quality would not be fine but i was shocked to see good quality plastic(here i am not comparing with the quality of neelkamal chairs or high end)...for household purpose,whatever is the best quality,one can find here...i have bought boxes(pack of 3 medium sized dappas) for Rs 33 and gave as gift for golu...people were really shocked to hear that 3 dappas cost only Rs 33 and that too quality that good...i have suggested this shop to many neighbours and friends...i also bought bags(small kids lunch bag -Rs 33 for gifting kids on the occasion of golu,big cloth bags really good qualitied ones - Rs 99,saree covers -Rs 40 etc)...also bought few decorative items and small toys for Rs 33,baby umbrella Rs 33,ball,coffe cups,CD covers,tooth brush stand,3 rack plastic stands,mops(Rs 40)...there are many many items that are available are cheaper rates and quality also is really good...few shops also have stainless steel items and curtains too...whatever is available in normal shops are available at cheaper rate with the same quality...hence i personally recommend this shop to you all...just try in case you have not from these shops

PS::few items like saree cover,lunch bags etc that are availble in one Rs 33 shop might not be available in another one...so you ll have to browse through the 33rs shops to get what you want.
    Also its not that all plastic boxes and items are available at 100% quality,before buying an item,check to find the quality once and also check for small damages

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

********* eat outs ***************

There are basically no good restaurants in Ramamurthy Nagar...one really needs to go to banaswadi or indira nagar for a good one...i am just goin to list 2 places where food is good and also its close to KRPURAM

PANDIT PARATHA SHOP

This small shop is getting more and more famous each and every day in and around KRPURAM...its 100-200% vegetarian..no garlic no onion and the quality is really good...just like homemade...
    the menu is limited

PARATHAS(aalu,gobi,pannner)
    Chenna masala
    Masala puri
    Samosa/Samosa masala
    pani puri
    Gulab jamun
    Rasagulla
    Carrot Halwa

None of these would contain even a single onion or garlic...made of ghee and cost is vry much affordable....at my house,in case we cant make dinner at home,our only choice is pandit shop...he opens only during the eve time...approximately from 4PM - 9PM
    This small shop would always be crowded especially during weekends,its very difficult...you can also place the order over phone and can collect the food...very nice taste and nothin would happen to your stomach...you wont even feel like you had food outside...100% homelike and hygenic

TAMARIND RESTAURANT

Location::Banaswadi,opposite to the BATA showroom...dont relate this to the one on the RM nagar signal...

this is a veg,non-veg hotel...food is really good and price is affordable...they have both candle light(roof top) and normal restaurant..ambience is good...good food,lot of items to choose from...i personally have gone only once but felt good about the food and ambience

6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swaran ,
    You missed out on Uttam Sagar near RM Nagar police station the hotel is good....
    There is another one I dont remember its name clearly something SaviSagar near to BBMP office it was recommended by my friend I havent been there she praised it so much I will chk out once I am there:thumbsup

For tasty Bajjis from 6pm to 8pm : Auto stand near RM Ngr PO...

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

******** cosmetic items & accessories ********

I know,this is one thing that all we ladies keeping looking for.... :)
    These shops again i am listing after performing various analysis about the price and varieties..Letme start listing

BHAVANI KHANGAN & GIFT SHOP (i just hope this name is correct)

Location :: Very next to new Khadims that is open on the ramamurthy nagar main road,Also close to the Infant Jesus church

You can get wide varieties of earings and sets,bangles....this guy has a good wonderful collection of earings be it big or small...bargain and you can get for less...gift items,toys also available...lot of cosmetic items also available...even if it is not available,he would get them for you...wide varieties of bangles,gift items,costmetics,earing necklace sets,saree pins..
    As far as i have seen,no other shop in Ramamurthy nagar has so many collections of earings especially with stones(colored and kundans)...

ASHAPURI COSMETIC SHOP

Location::Opposite to Dooravani medical shop,Ramamurthy Nagar main road

This guy has various parlour items and cosmetics,beauty products,lotions,Vit E capsules,padicure set,manicure set,oils etc etc..

SHARADHA NOVELTY STORE

Location::Akshaya Nagar,TC Palya main road,Shop#10Cross 2nd Block...

I basically go here for getting sets(necklace,earing)..they have very good collection of sets...i find these people giving good quality sets at reasonable rates compared to to bhavani..i have bought some sets for Rs 300-350 which when bought outside would def be got at 400 with bargaining...these people get different sets based on your requirement and needs...they ll take some time tats it...other than this ,basic cosmetics are also available..

FANCY SHOP(this again sorry , idont know the name)

Location::Devasandra Main road,very close to the fashion shop...there is a stationary shop next to this...this is like the first fancy shop after entering the devasandra road from RM nagar

All latest LAKME products are available here...there is a lady who would assist you too...i guess in whole RM nagar,this is the only shop which contains all LAkme products...other than this there are good collection of earings and sets..basic other cosmetics and accesories,bags,gift items are available

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

********* eat outs ***************

Hi VJB...thanks for reminding... UttamSagar is better compared to other hotels...have gone there around 4-5 times...some time the food is fine and sometimes its not...hence dint recomment... but i have often seen a big crowd during weekends...so i guess a lot of people would give a 5 atleast 3-4...so lets add to the list...
    about tasty bajji's,i dont have any idea :)letme try this one maybe this weekend

Savii sagar too mmmm i dont know...where is this exactly?

9. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

*********dress shops for kids************

Here i would divide into 3 categories

DAILY/ROUGH USE -

Locations::Tent shops,Cotton bazaar/sangam(they give many names),Can find in many places in ramamurthy nagar,TC palya,Devasandra,near to vinajaya temple in krishnarajapuram(near to the big market)

this i specially indicate for infants,toddlers and pre-schoolers..now many of you would have seen small temporary shops like this Rs33 shop,tent shops much in bangalore...one can find wide varities of good quality,listen to the words really good quality dresses...till now i have bought so so many daily use dresses for DD and believe me not even one dress has faded or got torn...
    many would be branded, i mean few dresses that dont enter the big shops which see these same dresses for 100-1000s come here because of 2 main reasons(i believe these are the 2 main reasons)
    *size - it may be mentioned as 2-3years but might be small or big
    *dirt/loose or no button - few kids wear would be stained a bit(not too much might be a small black line) or stain patches(yellow shades) or everything would be fine but instead of 10 buttons only 8 would be available
    but believe me,i have got so many shirts and night wear for DD each at Rs29-39 rupees and not even with one i have problems of fading or getting torn....but you need to just look for the stains and other things before buying one...other than this,there are few similar shops where cotton,little good glittery dresses are available at 60-120 rupees and they too are fine for a little outside use..again you need to check for the quality of cloth before buying...few of these dresses,i have even kept for outing purposes..quality and look so good and look costly too

LITTLE MODERATE DRESSES

for normal,better dresses for outing...
    Manpasand kids wear

location::eek:pposite to ICICI ATM (2-3 ATMs are available in the same road)...in ramamurthy nagar main road

This guy has wide variety of dresses especially for more than 2 years and give you for less...i have bought few dresses for my relatives kids..the cloth quality and desgins(both glittery and normal plain ones) are really good for less cost

Actually there are many shops open nowadays in KRPURAM for kids wear...what we have to keep in mind is the check for quality and also too much glitter dont irritate our little ones...there are few dresses which look very grand and cost would also be less but kids hate to wear these dresses because of the priking stones/chamkis...so take care when you buy grand clothes for less price

GRAND DRESSES

Kumkum fashions

Location::Ramamurthy Nagar Main road,Would have to go after baby park,moore..opposite to Fashion World dress shop

kumkum fashions have good collection of grand kids wear..price is moderate..maybe a little pricey but i personally dint mind when i saw the desings and the quality of cloth when bought for DD

Crazy fox

Location::Opposite to Infant Jesus church on ramamurthy nagar main road...

these people too have good collection of dresses but cant be compared to kumkum fashions

Manpasand Kids Wear

mentioned about this shop in the Moderate dresses list...sometimes he has good grand dresses tooo...or he would get if given sometime...he has lot of photograhs containing different dress styles and would get them for you if not available

Baby Park

Big shop and lots of collections for kids..and yes a bit pricey...

10. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    I think Crazy Fox has a not much collection.....The one in Devsandra is very good both dress n Fancy shop....

Savi Sagar comes somewhere near to IBP petrol pump you know just a few meters from Uttam Sagar....

Uttam Sagar is often crowded....but I think I must be lucky the few times I went there the food was good....