ram

Discussion in 'Indians in Qatar' started by kollururamesh, Mar 8, 2010.

1. kollururamesh

kollururamesh New IL'ite

I got an offer in Oman with Engineering company. I have exp of 12 yeras and they are offering me 1600 RO. IS it ok ? Wt is the cost of living for a family of 4 members. The salary includes all. Pls suggest me

2. muscat99

muscat99 New IL'ite

Will you be living in Muscat? You should do a search for current rent, and also school fees, transport, groceries, etc. Calculate a sample budget, and estimate yourmonthly savings. Really consider if it is worth uprooting your family.

3. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

If you are living in Muscat then a 1 BHK will cost your 300 RO and a 2 bhk will be somewhere 450 RO. The rents are high in Muscat, moreover you will also have to take in consideration the school fees of the kids, the transport cost etc.

Hope this helps.

regards

4. muscat99

muscat99 New IL'ite

WOW! That is expensive now! When I left Muscat in 2004, the 2BHK was 180RO! Just like the rents here have jumped up too. One house here, in 2004, was 1800QR/month, and then went up to 15,000QR by 2007. Today, they are down to QR9,000, but still...

5. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Yeh it is expensive. Me and my dh have just shifted to Muscat and are paying 300 RO for 1 BHK, moreover getting a good house in Muscat is a pain too.