1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Raising Kids - various perspectives

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Srama, May 7, 2011.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

No, not my perspective but what I have come recently in the form of a documentary, a book and today this article. I just wanted to share them with all of you - will give us enough food for thought. While I would like to give a gist, the links I provide here will do just that for you, hence I refrain. May be if you find time or if you are more interested you can see the movie, read the book or simply be happy with the yahoo write up.

Race to Nowhere | About the Film

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/20/books/20book.html

Note to parents: Stop trying so hard on Shine

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sabita dear good topic on raising kids, though I am a grandmother still there are so much to learn on parenting. I went through the last link and it is a good one which all parents woud like to read. Raising kids is an art and we should bring them up with love and care.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Saby dear,

I have seen the movie, read the articles. well Amy chua has been discussed by me too.. i refrain to post anything that might spike a controversy in the forum..instead i blog on it..and leave the field open for discussions..

Storm in an Article - IndusLadies

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you viji aunty for your feedback! You are so right, there is always room for learning - that is the amazing thing about human beings.

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thanks Shanthi for that link....I knwo I should follow you more in your blog space. I will be sure to check it out :) I kind of liked what the guy says in the yahoo one - it makes sense to have confidence and do the right thing but with awareness! It is always nature vs nurture, to some extent even as we are growing up.