1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rain Songs

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by GeetaKashyap, Jun 14, 2018.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dear.

shravs3 likes this.
  2. GeetaKashyap

Dear HP,

What a lovely song! Why didn't you post it by copying the 'Copy video URL'. I am posting your selection for now.:)

anushri, kkrish and Rajijb like this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

Rajesh Khanna!!!! Do I need to add anything?

signature, kkrish and Rajijb like this.
  4. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

Came in to make sure Rim Jhim got its rightful spot at the top . It does , so adding a few other favs

And this list absolutely needs:

Would you hate me if I added Anu Malik going Dekho Baarish ho ra hi hai

Giri12, kkrish, GeetaKashyap and 2 others like this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Endlesshope, thank you for Sawan barse tarse dil... Akshaye Khanna, Sonali Bendre ... Y2K times ... songs still on CD's. We used to watch Akshaye Khanna's movies just for him, no matter the story.

=============

Not getting much work done off late due to IL's musical threads.. : ) Didn't think Rain Songs would trigger so many memories of songs and life-at-that-time memories associated with them.

More favorite rain songs:
    Rim jhim ke taraane leke aayi barsaat -- what to say about this song. Mohd. Rafi, Geeta Dutt, Shailendra, S D Burman. Magic. Waheeda Rehman's beautiful, expressive eyes in B&W, Dev Anand's carefully puffed up hair ... This version has dialog interspersed in the song. Movies from that era portray romance in a special way. Softly.

Kaate nahin kat te from Mr. India. Sridevi at her oomph-iest and sexiest best. That blue saree. For years after the movie released, us girls used to search for a shade of blue like that when buying sarees or dupattas. For the rain-doubters... there is rain in the song. : ) Come now.. a saree like that and Sridevi, and director will eschew rain! Anil Kapoor has aged so well. Saw pictures of him at his daughter's wedding. Sridevi - gone too soon.

kkrish, GeetaKashyap and Rajijb like this.
  6. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

When she appeared on screen, no one recognized her. Who was she? Some girl from America! Overnight she became a rain-dance star! That girl who danced crazy in the rain in a patchy dress. The drench invoked not just a celebration in her but wild scream and free spirit to thump in rain as a wood nymph. The shriveled costume, the wilderness, the glee everything soaked up the wanton rain and she reciprocated to that pelting rain with equal gusto and wink.

Iconic song from Mani Ratnam that unveiled a debut, a new clothing style, a danceless dance and stayed on top on music charts for weeks and touchstone for years.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    anushri, kkrish, GeetaKashyap and 2 others like this.
  7. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I thought someone would have covered this in the first page. Revathi at your cutest!

anushri, kkrish, PavithraS and 3 others like this.
  8. Endlesshope

9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Almost done : ) A last one that has to be included!

Hai Hai yeh majboori...
    Zeenat Aman, sensuous and yet decent in a regular saree, tempting Mr. Bharat Manoj Kumar. I watched the song a bit to make sure it is fine to include video. There were some lines the camera didn't cross then. The song is romantic, sexy and just nice. And then Mandakini in RTGM type songs came along. Sigh.

For some reason, if the radio played Hai Hai yeh majboori we had to lower the volume or dad would come switch it off completely.

kkrish, GeetaKashyap and Rajijb like this.
  10. Endlesshope

Not sure if you would call them rain songs , but are beautiful amd reminders of rain

@Rihana burned those CDs too and was cheesy enough to burn one for the mister and mark it for my love :grimacing:

kkrish, GeetaKashyap, Rihana and 2 others like this.