1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ragi kangij preparation.........

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by anu prem, Mar 23, 2010.

1. anu prem

anu prem Gold IL'ite

hi all,

i am giving ragi kangij for my LO 6 months old...
    for that i am soaking ragi for whole night ..then grind it...then leave it for settle finally i discard the milk and dry the settled portion ...make it a powder..i am using only the powder for preparing kangij..

is it correct.....but some threads i read moms r using only the milk (i am discard the milk)..which one is right...

please clarify my doubt... :hide:

thanks in advance.

2. anu prem

anu prem Gold IL'ite

what happen friends...

why nobody clarify my doubt i am waiting for your replies...........:bonk

3. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hi Anu

I am not sure about residue or milk. But the way I am planning to give ragi is -

soak ragi, let it sprout, dry it in the sun/kadai, then grind it fine. This powder can be used to make kanji.

4. mrs

mrs Bronze IL'ite

Dear ,just now saw your post,I hope its not too late. I used to prepare raagi fresh for her everyday. Soak it overnight,grind and take the milk .again grind the raagi in the mixie, add some water and take the milk .I will repeat this until only the bran remains.Then I used to cook the milk in low heat,later add little bit of formula and jaggery.

If you want to prepare the powder in large scale ,its the same way as you do,but you will have to keep the milk for a longer period of time so that all the powder will settle down and the top portion(water ) will be somewhat clear. Then discard the water and dry the powder.

Regards,
    Mrs.