Ragi, benefits and a farmer's breakfast/dieter's whole some food

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Shanvy, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Snigdha,

i think your people would be knowing about ragi. is it called nachni in hindi?? i get confused with millets..

Ragi flour, if roasted, and without an additive binding like urad flour or rice flour will stick to the tava and dosa will be a problem..and turning completely black, not sure why?? yes it turns a near to black color if roasted too much..

stay tuned.. with too many requests how can i say no.. i will be posting a few of my tried non-rice tiffin recipes.. one by one..

2. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

hi shanvy,

Very Informative post......... I havent tried anything with ragi yet, this looks very simple and very nutritious. I remember having ragi mudde(ragi ball) as a child...

Do share more of ragi recipes :)

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

nandini, thanks a lot for joining me here. it is very simple to prepare, and very nutritious...

stay tuned, i am sharing some of my trials with all of you..

4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanvy
    Tried this too but in a bit of variation I had it hot with sagu and sambar it was yummy n stomache filling also tummy was so quiet wow lovely one will try with the butter milk in summer because my Dh prefers hot ones during rainy n winter here it has become cold...

5. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

Nutritional receipe i too try with Ragi adai, ragi dosa etc. surely have to try this receipe too. actually my mom used to prepare it. but i dont know the receipe. thanks for sharing here shanvy