Ragi, benefits and a farmer's breakfast/dieter's whole some food

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Shanvy, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Chitvish recipes have a lot of using raagi..and others i just substitute and mess around sls007.. will post some..let me post chappathi soon...

2. mrs

mrs Bronze IL'ite

Ragi has been a regular part of my diet since infancy I sould say. Thanks to my mom. And also becoz she was a working woman ,ragi porridge was an easy breakfast to make . Back home this is also served to girls during their monthly cycles. I always bring whole ragi,sprouted ragi and ragi powder from India.

3. insha

insha Gold IL'ite

Informative post!!!Is Ragi hot for the body?my body by nature is very hot,and Iam looking for cooling foods..

4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

I make ragi rotti and ragi ganji... Mudde I cant digest... So I dont make mudde... Can this Ragi Koozhu had during rainy season or is it summer food?

5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Will Look forward to your posts on other Ragi recipes especially adai and dhokla ... I am prone to yeast infection so doctor has said no to fermented foods so have to give up my all time favorite idly

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

mrs. how are you..ragi and kambu have been part of mine in many ways:cheers..it is not only easy, it is actually filling and keeps you active throughout the morning session..

looks like you are a great fan of ragi...:thumbsup

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

AS far as i know ragi cools the body..you are welcome insha

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

this is not pertained to any season vjb.. when you cook and consume the same day, it does not harm you even in rainy season..but if you are prone to colds, then overnight soak and then cooking may not suit..

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i already posted dhokla. pictures in chitvish forum..will make it again and post it here...i made adai today will post the recipe in a day or two..

10. SnigdhaAgrawal

SnigdhaAgrawal New IL'ite

Hello friends,

I am a north indian working married woman in singapore.But I have lot of interest in south indian customs, traditions and specially food. They all are very scientific and healthy.
    I know for sure the gud benefits of ragi. But my side it is not used much and my mom know nithing about it.

I brought ragi flour home, and tried to made dosa out of it . But it kind of temed complete black as soon as i added water to it and dint came out gud.

I wanted to know ,how to use ragi flour in an easy way which is both healthy and acceptable to family as it is very new to them.like i heard of ragi mudde ,ragi roti ,ragi ladoo etc etc

Please share some recipes with me.
    Thanks again