R2I and Plannig to do Organic Agriculture

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by anbulakshmi, Feb 25, 2016.

1. anbulakshmi

anbulakshmi New IL'ite

Dear All

I am working IT since 2005. I have 2 kids (5 Yrs & 3 Yrs). Planning to R2I and do Organic agriculture at my home town. Planning to enroll my kids in the nearest schools in my home town (Village).
    Me an husband already fed up with city life and want to spent our life healty. Doing agriculture after woring in IT 10+ years in abroad is not an easy job. Expecting your suggestions and wishes.

Regards
    Anbu

2. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

I appreciate your thoughts to return to your home town and do agriculture. However please be sure that you are not taking any emotional decision.Currently you may be stressed with work, raising kids , running around etc which may trigger you to do this...If you are very sure about this please go ahead...Else if all you need is a break from stress there are various other alternates..

Never ever take emotional decisions !!

3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

GlobetrotterG likes this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

If you have the mode, the security, the knowledge of doing it go ahead and the passion and the to work towards it.

i know a person who was long ago in il who has r2ied and is into organic farming..and the husband is going places.

remember the lure of profit can be frustating in the first few years of being an organic farmer because of the overheads..but do remember mother earth returns back in multifolds as you treat her right..

Organic Farmers and Farms in Tamil Nadu - It's Organic - Farms, Products, Events, Food, Agriculture

and I also know a few from IT chennai who are doing weekend farming.. weekend agriculturist or weekend farming is now taking the scene by storm.

Get in touch with groups that are already trying to know the pros and cons, whether you people have it in you to succeed..

and yes all the best..

5. anbulakshmi

anbulakshmi New IL'ite

Hi Brahan

Thank ypu for your advise.
    Stress is the main reason for R2I and I am sure it is not an emotional decision. Main Reason behind R2I is to live health life.

6. anbulakshmi

anbulakshmi New IL'ite

7. anbulakshmi

anbulakshmi New IL'ite

Thank you Shanvy.We are from agriculture family also have experience.We are planing to do it for self satisfaction and to teach kids about agriculture. Dint expect any profit.

GlobetrotterG likes this.