Quite disturbed mind in changing the country while being pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by geera612, Oct 20, 2013.

1. geera612

geera612 New IL'ite

Hi

I am 22 weeks pregnant. I was in Finland before and was trying for a baby for many years in vain. Since I wanted to give a change, we decided that we will move to US and first my husband came to bay area. With in 1 week he came to US, I came to know that I am pregnant. But since the pregnancy happened just when we decided that we would move to US, I took it as a blessing and finalized that we would move for sure. Then I winded up in Finland and joined my husband in september beginning.

But now I start to miss Finland quite a lot and keep crying all the time. My sister is there in Finland. I feel I am entering some kind of depression. I keep comparing the two countries for each and everything. Though I anticipated before coming here what all I would miss in US and what all will be difficult in US, but now its difficult to accept everything. I am quite worried how it is going to affect my baby. I dont know how to make up my mind. Even now I have an option to go back to Finland if I want. But I know I have not given time to decide that.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I had both good aspects and negative aspects living there. But breaking my comfort zone and entering a new country and learning everything here when I am preganant, leaving all my friends and family (both my sister and his sister live there), finding new friends here ... From Finalnd anytime I can call my mother as the time difference is only 2.5 hours. But here I have only a small time slot int he evening and morning. All these things my mind is not accepting. Also I know the positive aspects of living here. I know this is temporary and that I should be able to come out o this feeling in some time, but I keep feeling lets go back to Finland. But now if I go back to Finland I am worried will I again start cribbing about the cold weather, the language problem and everything.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Whomever I see or talk to, I keep telling this and start crying, As soon as I get up in the morning my mind starts thinking about this and sometimes I feel why should the mornings come. I was working in Finalnd had my own routines (though I would very often feel bored there as well) etc.., but here am not working and sitting at home and so lazy and lathargic. The baby is due in february and am hoping I should start feeling better by then, anyways I wont have any time to think about all these once the baby is born.But I really need to find ways to get my mind off these comparison thoughts and start to find what is good here in this new place..[/FONT]

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Of course you will miss the comfort zone and your sisters living their.. but now you are in better place.. no language problem here.. your life is in your control.. you have to make little adjustment.. try to be happy and spend your time thinking about your health and baby. hope you find few friends sooner.