1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Random tips for skin care in winter

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by MeenLoch, Nov 19, 2007.

1. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Okay here it goes.
    Dry skin is an unhealthy skin. SO it's important to keep it hydrated well during winter.

Apply moisturizer when your skin is wet after bath. This helps absorption. I have tried this and it works. Apply it daily.

Use lotions rather than creams, becasue in lotions main content is water and in creams like ponds it's oil. So if you wouldn't like your skin to be oily, try lotions like garnier's or whichever suits you. I found Garneir's very good. It's mild.

Carry along lotion or moisturizer with you when you go to office or go out generally.

When I moved to the US 4 months back, my skin got extreemely dry and I got eczema. It happens in old people when the skin is unable to replenish the moisture. I learnt the lesson the hard way. It s not completely cured yet, but has reduced after moisturizing well.

As for soaps, it would be nice if they have moisturizer along. For example Dove is safe and mild. Temporarily I used chocolate flavor of Dove, but again my skin being sensitive started reacting to it. So I went back to my old plain dove.

Olay's after body lotion Olay's body wash is too good. I got the Walnut flavored one and it leaves your skin so so smooth and hydrated.

Ladies, do share your tips and recommendation for products. What I have written above is entirely based on personal experience. If you have had some good/ bad experiences in this arena, let other iLs know of it.

Love
    Vidya

2. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Hi MeenLoch

Nice post.....Thank u for sharing good info how to take care of

skin in winter .It will be useful for me coz winter is already started and now a

days my skin is becoming dry. I follow some tips given by u .

bye

3. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi sudha

Thank u very much for ur tips ..........my skin was combination skin before....but tis becoming dry now.........

Is NIVEA MOISTURIZING CREAM ok??????

And, i heard from elder people saying that COCONUT OIL is the BEST MOISTURIZER

latamurali

4. bharitha

bharitha New IL'ite

I would suggest vaseline as a good option for the dry skin as it is very thick it smoothens the rough skin really well.I normally use it on parts of skin that are really sensitive.

5. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Lata,
    Nivea is a safe bet. Again it's mild. Check for oiliness though. Buy a small pack and see.

Vaseline is safe too, but it's body lotion is better than the lip balm we see. The one which comes for lips and it's likes are oily, very oily. Maybe u can use it for legs and arms, not face.

Please make sure that u dont get fish scales.
    Also another thing I wanted to share was this - Exfoliation is essential before moisturizing. As some of you might know, it s meant for removing dead cells on the surface of skin. If nivea or any other moisturizer is applied without exfoliation, it sets on dry skin and doesnt serve the purpose.

Expert opinions seeked :)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  6. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the information.

7. Dona

Dona New IL'ite

Hi Meen,

U said something about exfoliation.
    is it possible to do by some lotions or creams.
    Plzz help

Cheers
    Dona

8. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Dona,
    I am not an expert in this field. It can be called as "my experience" and expert opinions are seeked.
    As for exfoliation, you get scrubs from Lakme and other brands. If you touch them, they ll be coarse. A very coarse paste. Now when you apply them and then wash it removes minuscule dirts on your skin. If you roam out a lot, then you definitely need exfoliation.
    I found Lakme's scrub good.
    I have seen lot of my friends use Apricot scrub. That s really good.
    Hope this information helps you.

Ciao

9. tulip

tulip New IL'ite

10. devu

devu New IL'ite

hii meenloch thanks for the info....
    my skin is so dry especially legs n hands it gets too dry in winter..fish scales are seen in legs...