Quick and easy dishes for hubby

Discussion in 'Cuisines of India' started by Manjujoseph, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Manjujoseph

Manjujoseph New IL'ite

Dear friends,

please I need some help/ tips cooking for my hubby. He doesn't like our traditional food like idali Upuma. And I am finding so much difficulty to please him.
    i want to make quick and easy sandwiches or pasta or curries for chapatti.
    He doesn't eat much veggies and I want him to start eating veggies. Please help me girls to find quick recipes.

2. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Check the links in Chitvish forum.There are tons of amazing recipes for vegetarians. If ur hubby likes non veg, u can make palak chicken, methi chicken etc. My hubby and toodler too not a great fan of leafy vegetables but if I make spinach chicken in which the palak is in the pureed form, they will empty it in no time, with chapathis. Also u can incorporate carrot puree, beetroot puree etc in egg curries, paneer curries, basically in any gravy which increases its nutrition, thickens the gravies and gives a lovely colour too.

1 person likes this.
  3. sophiedjenko

sophiedjenko Senior IL'ite

Hi, you could try making toast sandwiches. They are especially good when you need a delicious and filling meal when you are running short of time. I usually prefer to use whole wheat or brown bread for making toast but I prefer using white bread for the sandwiches. I add veggies like onions, tomatoes, boiled potatoes and capsicum. I add some shredded Go cheese on top of the veggies and also sprinkle a little on top of the sandwich and use my electric toaster to make the toasted sandwich. However, even a hand held stove top toaster works well. A cup of hot tea is a perfect accompaniment with the sandwich.