1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Qui excessit has come back!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Mar 25, 2016.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Out of sight out of mind! Ha ha ha,I am just joking.
    Due to various reasons I was unable to visit IL since a long time. Now we have shifted to a new house. Hence we were engaged in packing and planning for more than a month. After shifting also it nearly took us a month to get settled. We had no landline phone or internet other than my hubby's android phone which I never used to handle. Yet somehow I managed to use it for essential matters like fund transfer and bill payments grudgingly. Today we got the broadband connection, but yet to get the landline phone activated.

My daughter had shifted to her new house at Mandaiveli and she wanted us to shift near her house. As it is a big apartment complex with 24 x7 security and other facilities we had shifted to a flat just two apartments away from my daughter's flat around 5 minutes walk for me. She feels happy to have us close by. We also feel safe and secure as she could help us in case of any emergency.

The new house is quite comfortable with all facilities, but the only regret is we can't have our terrace garden. We have few plants in our small balcony and we have kept some plants in pots near the apartment compound wall. They also have to get adjusted to the new environment like us.

Happy that at last we got our landline phone also yesterday.

2. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

Dear Pushpa Ma, Actually your opening line is not true to me, because, I was thinking of you, but like Dori, the fish, in Finding Nemo, I got into short term memory loss, my heart remembered but my mind forgot the name, looks like actually the beginning of Alzheimer's...for me! Whoever is connected in IL, stays connected in within us. That's how I feel. I apologize for not mentioning you as well as many other names in the Besties of IL honoring Women's day. It was because of lack of my memory. My heart truly did whisper in its own language which my brain couldn't get it out of my head. Welcome back, hope to see many of your posts and comments too! Best wishes in your New house, and happy Gardening!

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Latha,
    As I have said I was just joking. We are all busy and have to do multi tasking. We are also forgetful due to our over activities.
    Thank you for your response and I know you always post comments whenever I post in snippets.
    Thanks a lot for your good wishes,
    PS

Poetlatha likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Smt. Srinivasan:

Out of sight out of mind won't apply to you as you have already created your footprints very strongly in IL for many years. New versions of IL might come but your footprints will remain in tact.

I am so very happy to know that you have moved to Mandaveli near your daughter's place not only because it would be good for you and your husband but also for my own selfish reason. Next time, I can visit you easily as my in-law's house is locate close by.

Welcome back!

Viswa

5. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear PS maam,
    Best regards.
    Glad to see you- Whenever I hear or read about terrace garden I remember you and have proudly mentioned about yourself and your garden to my family and friends during conversations about terrace gardens and balcony gardens.
    Wish to see more of your lovely, inspiring posts:)

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

So good to hear that you have moved closer to your daughter, though I am sure you as well as all of us would miss your terrace garden. Am sure it would make things a lot easier for you, to have a lot of day to day concerns taken care of (like security, maintenance etc.) instead of having to take care of everything yourselves.

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Viswa,
    During your last two visits to India I wanted to meet you, but I was unable to invite you as I was also busy. Next time when you come to India I want to meet you and your wife also.
    From the year 2014 life is going on a fast track and still it is contiuing and so I get little time to visit social sites. Even now there are family functions and guests frequenting and so free time has got cut.
    PS

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Knbg,
    Thank you for remembering me and here in our new apartment also people started bringing plants and keeping them along with our plants after seeing us keeping them near the compound wall. Our apartment complex is fully laid with tiles and so we can keep plants only in pots. Today only our landlady visited our house and she was also impressed after seeing the plants in our balcony.
    PS

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Satchi,
    We do miss our terrace garden in the new flat. Getting satisfied with the two little balcony garden and the plants we kept near the compound wall. Now here also many people got inspired after seeing the greenery. Hope that more people will bring plants and in the near future our apartment complex will be a visual treat.
    PS