Questions on Non-Veg recipes here...

Discussion in 'NonVegetarian Kitchen' started by jenny, Dec 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Latha,

I would liked to take ur suggestion for a small party at my home. I donnow understand what shud i make. I have gone thru all ur Non Veg recipes. BUt still in dylama to choose the best one. Every recipe seems to be gud 4 me.

I have mutton , chicken n eggs ( Regarding Non-veg)in my kitchen right now. Cud u plz suggest me n help me out that which one I can make quickly ( I have a baby n can't able to spend much time in kitchen so ) with a very gud taste...

Also I have a small doubt. I heard that mutton takes too much water n more time to cook. If so from ur mutton curry recipe u were given to steam it for 4 min only... Plz clarify me at ur earliest...

Thanq Latha...
    Tej:wave

2. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Teja,

which recipe is it , in that I have said steam mutton for 3-4 minutes.

If it is the mutton kuzhambu, ' what I have written is to saute the mutton pieces for 3-4 minutes and then when it changes colour, add a cup of water and cook till tender. You can pressure cook mutton. I always cook mutton separately. I am too scared to cook mutton with the masalas. Only when it becomes necessary I do it.
    The recipe has called for this type of cooking. Mutton will need at least 3-4 whistles of cooking or 15 min atleast in the simmer mode and that too in the pressure cooker. If you start cooking directly then it'll take lot of water and time.

You tell me for how many people you want to cook and what would you like to do??
    I'll try to help you
    Latha :wave

3. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Eljaype,

Tried your recipe for Nadan kozhi Curry. Came out very well. Only regret was I did not come across these recipes earlier enough because my dear hubby quit eating non veg for health reasons very recently. He would have loved it. I felt sooooo bad for him. I made this for my kids they loved it.

Jothi.

4. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Latha,

OOps !! I am sorry n I was mis understood what u have given in that recipe ROGAHJOSH.. U said to cook about 3 to 4 whistles or for 20 min. I was mistaken that it was 3 to 4 min. ya , u were right...

I wanna cook for 7 people n i am looking for non -veg recipes from ur index...

Thanq so much for ur reply Latha....
    Tej:wave

5. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Teja,

Got your pm. See you later in the day. I can't catch you as you said since I do not know your Id . You can catch me ok..

6. hitha

hitha New IL'ite

apollo fish reciepe

hi,
    can any one help me? can any one please tell the reciepe of the apollo fish

7. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Hitha,

I am not able to understand what you mean by Apollo fish. Is it any hotel recipe ?? If it so can you tell me where it is from??

8. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

Our frnd Latha spent her valuable time with me ( through chat ) n made me to preapare a wonderful dishes 4 my frns...We really had a great dinner..

I made veg fried rice, roghnjosh, chilli chicken ... Also for veg dishes I tried Molee paa, sambar n some papads...All of em really enjoyed my items n were very surprised at me...

Thanq so much Latha u really made me to cook such a nice dinner 4 em n Thanq for ur kind help in choosing yummy recipes 4 em..

<SCRIPT><!--D(["ce"]);//--></SCRIPT>

9. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Teja,

Thank you very much for the compliments.

You have changed the recipe's name completely. It is Paal molee. That is Vegetable molee with Thenga paal / coconut milk.
    Ok.

Thanks once again.

10. Karthiga

Karthiga Bronze IL'ite

hello latha,
    Could you give me the recipe of "aatukaal paya". My husband loves it and i feel sorry i could not make it as tasty as we get from chettinadu hotels. I tried it once i saw it from TV, but was not nice. So pls help me..

regards
    karthiga.:wave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.