Questions on Non-Veg recipes here...

Discussion in 'NonVegetarian Kitchen' started by jenny, Dec 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Thank you Latha.. I got the idea

2. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Recipe For Orange Chicken ?????

Hi Ladies,

Does anybody know how to make Orange Chicken? I tried that in Chinese restaurants only so many times n tastes really gud. I searched for the recipe in the net n tried to make at home. But it wasn't gud at all. I couldn't make it very tasty with that (orange/red ) color n it wasn't like soggy.....

If any one knows how to make it please post the recipe for it with tips n tricks...
    Also let me know the recipe for lemon chicken also .....

Thanks Ladies !!!
    Teja :-D

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  3. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

4. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Latha,

Thanq for shown the thread to me. I still have a silly doubt. Sorry....
    Is that the corn starch powder n the corn powder r they both same or diff?
    Cause I think they both r diff. But when I read the dirctions on the packet it has to use for the thicken the gravy n bla bla bla.....

SoI wasn't sure which one I have to use. Now by ur thread I came to know that I should definitely use corn starch only........

Did any one else try practically this recipe at home? Plz do share with me how it comes?

Thanq Latha!!!

5. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Re: Non Veg Recipes by Eljaype

Dear Latha,

I just saw all ur non veg recipes. I cant wait to try a few of those. Just realding them they were so delicious. I have a question. Can I make fish molee just like the recipe you have posted for chicken molee. Will it be good. I once ate fish molee in a malayali restaurant in New york. It was very good. And can u pls say what is karimeen in english. I cant wait to try the mathi recipe.
    thanks.
    jothi.

6. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jyothi,

Thank you for your post. Karimeen is Pearl spot in english.
    Fish molee is somewhat like chicken molee. You have to marinate the fish pieces in turmeric and sallt mixture and then fry it. Let me check the recipes and give you the right one.

Latha

7. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Teja,

I have not cooked both the recipes since I have not tasted orange chicken at all.
    I have posted the other recipe you asked , Lemon chicken. Try it out and tell me. Ok
    I have tries many of the recipes from this book and they have come out well.
    Since , now only me and my husband are at home and the Kids have flown the nest, I don't try out new ones and are practically taking only vegetarian food.
    Only when some guest or the kids come home, I cook non-veg items.
    Corn starch is usually used for the thickening purposes and cornflour for frying purposes.
    Sorry for not being able to help you more. Anyway thank you for the feedback.
    Do keep writing.
    Latha

8. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Latha,

Thanq for the Lemon chicken recipe. I will definitely give a try n let u know my feed back about it. I still have a small doubt ur lemon chicken recipe. What's this " Sherry" n " Meat marinade" ?. I searched for Sherry. It seems to be some alcohol or some thing like that. Plz clarify my doubt...

Thanq Latha !!!
    Teja

9. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Teja,

it is available in the wineshops. It is the same thing you are talking about. I usually omit this and make it , if I see them in the recipes. I follow only the other part except thse. Chinese recipes and pastries have rrrum, gin and sherry added.
    So it is your option to use or not. It is used in the recipes at the restaurants.

Meat marinade is used for marinating chicken/ mutton/turkey etc before cooking . If you can marinate for sometime, the meat will become softer and tasty also when it is cooked.

Feel free to ask more . Thanks for writing.
    Latha :wave

10. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Latha madam,

Thankyou so much. I will definitely try this out. Can I substitute karimeen with any other fish.

Jothi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.