1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Questions About Air Fryer

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by SuiDhaaga, Jun 10, 2021.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I am searching for Air Fryer for Aunty in poor health with restricted diet. Right now her leg (she is overweight, that may have contributed) is in a cast but once she gets better she is looking for easy, healthy way to cook.

So far I saw some videos (below this post)

Then I search Amazon and find Air Fryer with not 1 but 2 compartments
    https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-DZ201-2.../dp/B089TQWJKK

Air Fryer with multiple compartments sounds convenient and healthy
    1. ZERO oil
    2. Cook Chicken one side
    3. Cook Broccoli other side
    4. Both done at same time

But it seems too good to be true.

Also, I am concerned about Cancer risk.

One of the Air Fryer I found comes with Proposition 65 warning.

Cancer is worse than being fat!!!!!!!

Please tell me, what type of Air Fryers that have this warning so I will avoid them.

And please tell what are OTHER health risks of using Air Fryers.

Farberware 3.2 Quart Oil-Less Multi-Functional Air Fryer, Black
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberwar...Black/47042727

WARNINGS:
    proposition 65 reasons:Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

Videos I was referring to

Avoid Mistakes with Air Fryers

How to use Air Fryer

2. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Haha... I looked at the Ninja 2-basket thing which has the following blurb on the offer site:
    • The first air fryer with 2 independent baskets that lets you cook 2 foods, 2 ways, at the same time, not back to back like a traditional single-basket air fryer
    When a ninja saves 10 minutes by not using a single-basket airfryer, what would he use those minutes for ? Chop another adversary's head ?

For some reason it also took me to the days of double edge razors. And then there was a new innovation, 3 blades, which was beat down by 4 blades and so on.... In the airfryer innovations, we may even expect a soup-pouch in the future.

I already see the Toaster-oven melding with the airfryer in the InstantPot brand. The retired people, with Amazon-prime, and disposable income are all in the danger of overcrowding their kitchen counter with stuff they don't need.

The OP's goal of cooking healthy isn't often realized in the actual use of the airfryer in many households. Hefty appetites of teenagers for french fries, or chicken wings can be met by moms at home -- locked down with a couple of children due to covid-19. If this unit is given to an older (retired) person with nobody to control them (living alone?) they'd end up overeating the things they like, because it is easy to make.
    Planning a diet independent of any cooking contraption should precede any decision to buy what helps that diet.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  3. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Oh goodness, my Aunty strives to eat healthy.

No french fries or chicken wings for her!

InstantPot? I think I've heard of that, will check.

4. amulya2020

amulya2020 Silver IL'ite

Not much aware of health risks associated with air fryer but the recipes we tried were of little or no oil and tasted good.

SuiDhaaga likes this.