Question- Nausea And Vomiting

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by bathalatha, Aug 4, 2016.

1. bathalatha

bathalatha Bronze IL'ite

hi Ladies,
    I am ten weeks.All these days I just had nausea but never had any vomiting.But I threw up after having dinner today.Is it normal to just have nausea in early weeks and throw up when it should start decreasing actually.Should I be worried ?

TIA

sindmani likes this.

2. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Many many congratulations to you....it's actually quite normal to feel nauseated for first 12weeks. Vomiting also disturb many expectant ladies.
    But if the frequency of vomiting increasez too much then talk to your gyne..
    General remedies include taking small meal portions but frequently...adding little lemon juice to your salads...eating fennel seeds in small quantity also helps in curbing nausea feeling....

sindmani and bathalatha like this.
  3. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

Yes. It is normal. Me too 10 weeks yesterday, but still have a very very bad nausea. Just yesterday started with medication. Lets see if that helps.

The only thing that helped me is lemon+water+sugar+salt (nimbu pani), rice kanji, ginger ale. That's all I am having for past 10 weeks! :(

sindmani and bathalatha like this.
  4. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Congratulation!
    It is pretty common, listen to your body. You can check with your gyane on your next visit. Do keep track of your weight.
    Just to share, My nausea and vomiting started only after 8-9 weeks and unluckily lasted a long time. It took a while but I had to experiment a bit to find out which foods caused problem and which foods Iwere "safe". Like banana, rotis, idilis were good. But milk, rice,etc were to be avoided. I couldnt take milk all through my pregnancy , not even a sip. This is quite individual, so you have to look out and see.

bathalatha likes this.
  5. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Yes it pretty common , that's wahi my doc said . I too have nausea but no vomitting yet.
    Actually many elders are here to guide me , they said if I take small meals in between every 2 hrs there are more chances of not having this sickness. Has worked for me until now.

6. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

I also followed this tip.
    Having small and frequent meals. I didn't force myself to eat when I didn't feel like.
    But kept myself hydrated.
    This is a part of 1st trimester , 2nd trimester is the best time of pregnancy :)

sindmani, bathalatha and ashima10 like this.
  7. bathalatha

bathalatha Bronze IL'ite

Thank you so much for the assurance ladies.I feel better after seeing your replies.This is my first pregnancy and every change makes me worry.

Agony likes this.
  8. bathalatha

bathalatha Bronze IL'ite

And I will also plan to have small meals frequently and see if that helps me with MS.