1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Question For Ladies In Happy Marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SuiDhaaga, May 14, 2023.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Question for Ladies in HAPPY Marriage

Before marriage, did you get a sense, a sign, a gut feeling that your Husband was THE ONE?

Or did everything just happen on it's course

I see commercial that lady planned honeymoon 6 months before boyfriend proposed to her

A past co-worker said she knew her current Husband was THE ONE

Please clarify.

gamma50g and svpriya like this.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I felt very comfortable and at ease when I met my husband.I never had to pretend to be someone else and he never expected much.Also he is a very practical person not romantic like how one sees in movies which was quite boring initially but I knew the value of being oneself and practical only few years later.

3. SuiDhaaga

Wow this is great advice!

by the way, a lady commentator’s on a cable news network was talking about her life.

She said that getting happily married was the bedrock of every part of her life, no matter what difficulty she has faced.

Thank you for you. candor

svpriya likes this.
  4. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

When DH came for "bride-seeing", we just kept on talking randomly for an hour (not about life goals)...
    he still says - did we talk for 1 hour, it felt like 5 minutes...
    When he left, my cousin asked me - what do you think?
    I said I have no clue what to evaluate or how to evaluate and what to feel - but I "feel" that I have no control over what will happen in my life but the ONLY THING I DO KNOW is that this wedding is going to happen 100 %

When there were some horoscope issues and my parents were rethinking on some other matters, it kept hitting me that this wedding was going to happen - come what may!
    My feeling was not that this guy was the right one (like your other incidents), the feeling was that this is my destiny and it is inevitable...

Even today (after almost 20 years), I feel that with other guys that I met, some rejected me and I rejected some on just instincts sometimes and I had no clue whatsoever what is good/bad in my DH at that time - I was just pushed into it by some forces beyond my knowledge and I knew that I couldn't do anything about it!

Today, if you ask me - are you in a happy marriage - I would say "Yes, undoubtedly, deliriously happy"
    But there were several (although temporary) troubled moments through the past 19 years (we have an 18 year old son), we stuck through, worked on them together, we were honest, committed and respectful with each other and although we did not completely understand each other, we persisted and trusted each other.
    Romance is still a part of our everyday lives - more so than the initial years of parenting :)

But is he my Mr. Right? Well, neither am I his Mrs Right!
    Hahaha we both are still work-in-progress !!

Keep smiling !
    HR

Last edited: May 15, 2023
  5. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

you know what sui, i been waiting to reply to this thread from saturday but couldnt find the time so now here i am ...

as in the movies they show when you see the right person wind blows,rain come, you touch person you feel shock hahaha all those movie things, but when in real life we meet a person its so different..

when my parents started looking for a guy for me.. my husband is the 1st one we saw...that time i visited india after more than 15 yrs, i talk to him for a while eventhou its my first time talking to a guy other than my bros,cousins hahaha..

even my late grandparents saw him very well...after week my grandpa got sick and he left us.. so that time no one was in mood for the wedding so we came back and next yr we went back again and somehow in my heart i was feeling if its GOD's will he will be single even now.GOD starts something in our heart only to get that done.. so to all our suprise he was still single and they came to see us again and all the things fell in place and we are married.happy happy..

it will be 15 yrs to this october...i am so greatful and very very Thankful to GOD for such a person in my life...:clap2::clap2::clap2:

6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

This conclusion is “”icing on the cake” .
    Since OP begun the thread “only for ladies in happy marriage” , I reserve my comments about how i felt in that “ girl-looking” episode.

7. SuiDhaaga

Oh wow, you just knew!

Not merely envisioned a wedding, but KNEW!

So this is, you see the end result. Not so much how you feel about the guy.

I feel like I am being pushed by some force. I'm not sure if it is for a particular gentleman (I cannot get into details right now).

But certainly I can feel I am being pushed, pulled, stretched by some forces beyond our understanding.

I get so happy to hear when people are in Happy Marriages

That is very interesting

Keep smiling !
    HR[/QUOTE]

svpriya and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. SuiDhaaga

svpriya and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. SuiDhaaga

@anika987 @hrastro @swarnamary

I guess my bigger issues is, how to avoid seeing what you want to see in order to believe that Happy Matrimonial alliance will materialize

This happened to me during our matrimonial search 10+ years ago.

I was looking at responses to ad and was judging based on how attracted I was to person. I was about to delete an email when my Dad came into my room, saw the photo and said, "he looks like a handsome guy"

From that point we corresponded. We married and i thought it was match made in Heaven and thanked God that my Dad came in my room when he did.

Turns out, I marred a snake (who I am free from now)

So I just want to make sure my mind is not playing tricks on me, thinking this is a coincidence, that is a miracle, etc only to either be disappointed that this gentleman (whom I cannot discuss right now) and i were never meant to be together, or worse, the gentleman is anything but a nice person.

Madhurima21, svpriya and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. svpriya

svpriya Silver IL'ite

Our marriage happened just like in movies :grinning:. We had no interest on marriage. Both of us got married just because of our parents compulsion. After marriage our relationship was like Tom and jerry . It took sometime to understand ourselves. But later we realized that the reason we got married is to enjoy annoying each other :grinning:.