1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Quest For The Missing Excalibur !!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sabitha_K, Jan 9, 2010.

1. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Great writing Madam, nay excuse me, great writing Sir Knight!

I am thrilled once again to note the arrival of highly talented writers to the cosy confines of IL. And that makes me wonder though. Who arrived here first, you or I? Perhaps you were here ever since the beginning of time and it was I who'd been too busy with my trivial occupations to notice you as I stole my way in.

If the Excalibur was proof of rightful sovereignty for King Arthur, then you have established without a doubt that the 13 cms kitchen knife in your possession endows you with a Queen of the Kitchen title, even if you are yourself more inclined towards a Knighthood in Knifology. And, is there a need to add that it has also been your trusted companion on your way to the dizzying heights of a world inhabited by the wizards amongst IL's wordsmiths?

I stare entranced at the knife, driven full length through the wooden block standing in a corner of your kitchen like the Rock of Gibraltar, defying its removal by any but the Blessed You. My heart is full of admiration as I gaze at the knights in armour kneeling around the round table in awe and supplication.

'Our Lovely Lady, no, no, forgive us Sir Knight,' they murmur, 'give us this day our daily bread -- along with your multifarious curries, if you please ...'

And then, with a mere swish of the knife, accompanied possibly by the magical charms of a Merlin concocted powder or two, Culinary Camelot is filled up with rich aromas exuded by the pots and pans that adorn the kingdom. The kneeling knights reel as they partake of the victuals constituting the source of the hypnotic fragrance and then, lying prostrate at your feet, beg for more and more and more ...

Till cholesterol invades and the knights of the round table turn rounder than the table itself.

Great story and amazing narration.

oj

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  2. vijianand

vijianand Senior IL'ite

Sabitha,

A very hillarious post and the language is simply superb!!!!
    I'm sure each one of us have earned "KNighthood" , while looking for a look alike work alike....
    Inspite of so many gadgets out there, I vote , always, for my dear "Knife in shining armor"!!!!

Regards,
    Viji

3. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

I am extremely sorry for the lapse on my part in acknowledging the feedbacks owing to a hectic weekend.

Needless to say I enjoyed reading all the interesting and lovely feedback.I would be back as soon as I can get some of the chores off my back.

I loved reading the anecdotes everyone has posted recounting their knightly adventures with knives.:crazy