Query regarding Long term Pass

Discussion in 'New to Singapore' started by brcharanya, Feb 7, 2011.

1. brcharanya

brcharanya New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am having query regarding the Long term Pass..

I am in EP now and soon am going to resign.Also,am going to deliver my baby(hence the resignation) in Singapore after I resign from my job.

My due date is Apr 2,and my resignation date is Mar 25.I am undertaking treatment using my EP's number(FIN).

NOw my doubt is,as soon as I cancel my EP,I ll apply my LVP then.Till that,my employer will issue a short term pass I know.Will that SVP be issued with my same EP FIN number?Can I go ahead with the delivery(just in case ,if am not able to receive my LVP by that time)with the same FIN number?Please advise,am confused....

Thanks,
    Charanya

2. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Charanya

Congrats on your pregnancy and I wish you a safe delivery!

Regarding your queries:
    Your employer is not entitled to issue any SVP, or any other passes for that matter, since paases are strictly issued by MOM. Check with your employer abt that. If at all, your employer needs to apply for you.

Just for clarification, is your spouse a resident of singapore(PR/Citizen)? If not, how are you so sure that you will get LVP. . If your spouse is in EP too, then his employer will have to apply for your dependant pass. If he is a resident, then he can apply for you.

(Passes are issued on case by case basis only, especially LVP...I hear that many of the LVP applied for parents are being rejected...)

And, No, you cannot use your FIN since you need to return your EP to ICA, as soon as your EP is cancelled(that is within 3 days or a week of your resignation). The hospital that you are going to deliver will make sure that you have a valid pass(SVP,LVP, EP,IC) for your treatment before admission itself. They will need to verify your original EP and passport which will definitely show your status of stay in singapore and the EP being cancelled. So definitely you cannot use your invalid FIN(that is if it is cancelled)

I am not discouraging you, but make sure you have a valid pass before you deliver and enjoy the final phase of this pregnancy, rather than worrying abt LVP etc. Alternatively you may resign after you deliver right.Your employer definitely will have to give you maternity leave, as per Singapore Law.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  3. brcharanya

brcharanya New IL'ite

HI Abhi,

Thanks for the wishes and the reply...

I enquired,there is no maternity leave for me(telling some some reasons!)

My Husband is a PR.Earlier I was issued the LVP with the FIN number for a year,later after I get a job,the same FIN number follows in my EP.
    As soon as I cancel my EP,will this FIN number be continued?

I heard that FIN number cannot be changed until I get my PR.Is it?If I ll be in SVP after cancelling EP(My employer said that they ll issue SVP for 15 days),am I eligilble to deliver a baby here?

4. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  5. brcharanya

brcharanya New IL'ite

Thanks Again for the reply Abhi....

I checked the link...I dont have DE card in my hand to produce as I already submitted for my LVP ang got ir already....

Anyways,I ll check with ICA again to concur....

Thanks,
    Charanya