1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Query on Homoepathy for infants

Discussion in 'Infants' started by amihere, Aug 2, 2013.

1. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    My LO is suffering from cold and cough for a few days.She is taking homoe now (for past two weeks); though the cold had subsided,it again started yesterday. The doc has asked to continue the pills along with sulphur 30( for two days). Is it fine to give continuous medication to 1year old? This is the first time I am consulting homoe,so donot know much about it. We periodically take her to paed for check up just to be sure that there isnt any congestion.Paed said this is due to the whether.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I never gave homeo for my DD. Just stopped by to wish your DD to get well soon :)
    You are trying some home remedies too right?

3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Amihere

I have also never heard of anyone giving homeo medicines to 1 yr olds.
    My son used to get frequent throat infections (every 2-3 months) when he was 3-4 yrs old.We consulted a homeo doc.He gave us medicines first increased the dose and then reduced the dose.It was almost a 6months course but after that my son hasnt got throat infection till now.
    So in short before giving homeo at this stage ask the paed too.

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Rakhi,
    Thanks for the f/b. I have been giving her steam inhalation with tulsi in the water. But ILs are teeling its bad for her though paed recommended it. So i stopped it now. I hold her atleast 30cm away from the steam.

Hi Dinny,
    Thanks for the reply. I have stopped giving her homoe. My mom (doc-alopathy) said if the paed said its due to weather then there is noneed to give so many medications for her.So I just give her warm water if she coughs.

1 person likes this.