1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Query on family care/day care

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sls007, Jun 20, 2012.

1. sls007

sls007 Senior IL'ite

Dear ladies,

I'm posting query after query.. as this is the forum where i can rely on the advise :)

As i mentioned in my previous posts, we planned to join my 22 months daughter in family care from coming monday, 25th June.

When I talked to the family day care lady today, and told her that first day - I want to stay there with my daughter atleast for 1 hour - she flatly refused and gave me just 5 minutes to say good bye. She has 20 years experience in family care, and i found her a bit rude in her conversation with me.

When I asked around with parents who send their kids to day care, they told me that they always accompanied their kids for first 1-2 days until they get used to.. i don't know how to leave my daughter at strange place without any assurance.

I'm fine with her crying and all that, and know that she will take time to get adjusted to outside people. But, is it normal that, even on the first day - you just dump your kid there, say good bye and leave??

ILites, please give your feedback..how did you make your LO adjust to family care/ day care? These responses will help to make up my mind, whether to go ahead with this particular lady or not.

2. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Hi

Leaving you child in a day care is probably the hardest decision, but believe me, it is good for the child eventually.

My daughter started going to daycare at 7 months of age and as troubled as I was, I knew I was leaving my child at a safe place. Kids get used to things way faster than us, so while you and I, as moms might fret and fume wondering how the LOs are doing, it's pretty much out of sight, out of mind for them :) They'll be so curious about the other things, they'll get used to it pretty fast and will be just fine. So please don't worry. As long as you have heard good reviews about the facility and were comfortable with the other aspects of day care, rest assured, your child will be just fine.

2 people like this.
  3. sls007

sls007 Senior IL'ite

Thanks peartree, I went ahead and joined my daughter..:)

4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sis007
    Please update us on her progress so that other moms who may in future in similar circumstance get help from your posts....