1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Query about my teenaged girl

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Moushumee, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Moushumee

Moushumee New IL'ite

Greetings to all on this forum.
    I am a mother of a 14 year old daughter. My husband is close to 6ft and I am about 5ft 4 inches. However, our daughter is about 4ft 11 inches. She is physically quite active, plays badminton twice a week and swims once a week. Her weight is about 45Kilos. She has no other illness apart from an occasional migraine. I would really want to know what natural measures can be taken up for her height increase as her height isnt increasing.
    Look forward to inputs and suggestions and thanks in advance.
    Moushumee

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Re: Qery about my teenaged girl

:welcome Moushumee.

Height is a genetic factor. You have mentioned that your DD plays badminton and swim. Good that you are going only for the natural way for increasing the height.

Skipping, stretching is also believed to help in increasing the height. If you have a loft/attic she can swing by holding it. She can stand in her toes and try to reach or touch an object that is kept at an height little beyond her normal reach. Yoga exercise is also good.

Please take care that she doesn't overdo any exercise and get exhausted.

Some of the factors essential for growing taller are Healthy food, Good sleep, Posture (while sitting and standing-spine should be erect), Regular exercises.

:cool2:. she is only 14 and has growth upto the age of 18.
    All the best.:thumbsup

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  3. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Re: Qery about my teenaged girl

I second mira. Nothing to worry, she is just 14. Girls tend to grow after puberty. Give her a nutritional food, that helps a lot in growth.

4. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

Playing volleyball and basketball at this age helps a lot in height increase.

5. goldc

goldc Senior IL'ite

Hi

As said she is only 14 years old,yet can grow tall ,try doing Yoga,supplements of good source of vitamins with exercising is good.

6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

My opinion is you should take her to an endocrinologist just to make sure all her hormones are working properly. If it was something like that, some conditions are time sensitive. Can you tell us if she has started periods and at what age?

7. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

M, I shot up when I started cycling. You can try that too. Its also as others mentioned here about genetics. My dad is as tall as your husband and my mom is shorter than you. But out of all children I am the tallest in all and my sisters are shorter. So be open to your daughter being short or tall. The important thing is she shud be healthy being anyway. Let her do some cycling or yoga. Apart from that dont try to push her to do it frequently for the one reason to increase her height. Be aware it may or may not work. She can get tall or remain same height. Be open to that. Good Luck.