1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Queries To Dr Madhavi

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by sunkan, Sep 15, 2007.

1. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Dear Dr.Madhavi,
    I am so happy to see a doctor here and every ILite is needed.
    I am 37 yrs with two daughters. After two cesarrean sections.( I had my tubectomy when i had my second daughter 8 yrs back). I put lot of weight esp in the tummy area. Before my marriage I was so thin . I went for thyroid test but everything is normal but my weight will always constant . I do not feel that anyone has told me that u have reduced weight.Because of that I do everwork by myself. Always i try my best to walk everyday for any work. I always think if i eat then i put up more weight so coz of health conscious I started eating less and not in fixed time. Now a days I am not feeling well and I feel un easy if i do more work and always feel to take rest for sometime.
    Because of tension, stress and routine work Is there any chances to put up more weight?.
    I always try to reduce atleast 5-6 kilos but never happended. I am so much worried. I am a vegetarian so pl suggest me any good diet plan so i can follow accordingly. I dont prefer eating rice pl suggest any other way to reduce my weight. An early reply is expected.

With regards
    Sudha Batni....

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sudha,
    kindly write to her id or pm her she is unable to locate and i keep reminding her it is piling up and forwarding the link, so try to send pm as well to see over here, in case i miss out, in your age u will naturally put on weight so i think she should advise i dont want to butt in here...sunkan

3. mkarol

mkarol New IL'ite

You see Sudha there are no short cuts to losing weight. You have to exercise, walk, aerobics or yoga for 30-40 minutes everyday 5-6 days a week regularly.
    drastically cut sugar, fat, butter fried stuff from your diet. stop eating in between snacks.
    keep your goal small. losing 1-2 kg per month should be the aim. if you can stick to this you can lose weight.
    Dr madhvi
    Eat as amny vegetables no problem with that.

4. tweenie27

tweenie27 New IL'ite

Hello Dr. Madhavi,

Is there any cure/remedy for water retention? will drinking 2.5-3 ltrs of water a day add to the problem??
    i fear i have water retention. What is the way to get tested for it to make sure if i do or not?? i happen to have a symptom-- my ring often becomes tight in the morning, though the tightness has diminshed slightly becoz of little weight loss. I am trying to lose weight, (i am 35 yrs old,5 ft 2 inches, but weigh 185 lbs). i diet and exercise. And also drink about 3 ltrs of water a day. i believe its good for weight loss. but is it ok incase i have water retention?

thanks in advance!

5. mkarol

mkarol New IL'ite

hello
    Yes you are over weight and need to reduce your weight. Water retention as such is no disease... mostly it is a symptom of underlying disease. have a thyroid profile done plus tests for your kidneys. Do consult your doctor for the right advice. drinking water will not harm you.
    Dr Madhvi

6. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Hello Dr.Madhavi,
    Nowadays I have started taking metamucil by mixing that powder in water and taking it daily before going to work.
    I want to ask you if its good to take fiber in this way and if so which is the best fiber supplement among all?
    Thxs,
    Priya

7. mkarol

mkarol New IL'ite

Hello Priya

Metanucil is a psyllium husk taken usually for constipation with plenty of water. For this 7 days treatment is enough.
    It is supposed to be cholesterol lowering agent. For continued or prolonged use, do take your doctors advice.
    Best fibre is provided by green leafy vegetables and fruits taken with skins (where applicable).

Dr Madhvi

8. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Madhavi
    I am 44 years old and have had two normal deliveries.I used have periods regularly.But for the past 3 years it has been very irregular.I had checkups with the doctor.She said I have some small and big fibriods.I tested for anemia and it was only 8.9.But now after iron tablets it has gone upto 11.7.My periods were regular for the last 6 mths but now again it has stopped for the past 2 mths.When I had periods flow was there for 7 days only the 3 and the 4th were a bit heavy but the rest of the days were nomal.First 2 days were insignificant and there was no pain.I had a pap smear done in March and everything was normal.My doctor says we will wait and watch.What should I do.Please reply.Couple of days ;last month I used sweat in the nights.But now it has stopped.Please reply.I am confused.

9. mkarol

mkarol New IL'ite

Hello Kanaka
    This could be begining of your menopause. Maintain your hemoglobin at present levels. Fibroids may reduce naturally after menopause that is the reason your doctor asked you to wait. Continue taking Iron tablets and good nutritious diet. Keep going for regular check ups with your doctor.
    Dr Madhvi

10. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Madhavi
    Thank you for your reply.I will wait and watch.