Queries, questions about various schools

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by sowjvin, Dec 19, 2006.

Best CBSE School in Chennai

1. Padma seshadri

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. DAV, Gopalapuram

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. NPS, Gopalapuram

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sandanamullai

sandanamullai New IL'ite

School fee and Srujana Montessori

Hi All,

Could you please let me know the fee for pre-KG . Also, if anybody has theier children in SruJana Montessori, pallikarani. pls do reply. I am planning to join my kid in Srujana. Would liek to have a opinion abt that.

thanks,
    Mullai

2. Vijaylakshmi

Vijaylakshmi New IL'ite

I need Information abt DAV Girls CBSE - Mogappair

Hi,

I am Viji, new to IL.
    I was put up in Mogappair, near DAV Girls CBSE school.
    My kid is 2 1/2 yrs old.Right now she is going to Play school (Euro Kids).
    Only to get admission for my Daughter in DAV schools, i shifted my house from Kolathur to Mogappair.
    I would like to know, DAV girls CBSE school is good compared to other schools in mogappair like SBOA,VELAMMMAL,SPARTAN,CHINMAYA VIDYALAYA(Annanagar).

Also i would like to know about MAHARISHI VIDYASHRAM & BHAVANS RAJAJI VIDYASHRAM, which is in chetpet and kilpauk.

If DAV Girls Mogappair is not good compared to the above schools i want to think of shifting my house near by school which is good as suggest by u ILTIES.

Kindly help me out on this.

Also Please rank the schools in the order 1,2,3.....

Cheers

Viji

3. sangk76

sangk76 New IL'ite

Hi AbiV and others,
    When I went to India in Nov 07, I got my son admitted to psbb, and I am planning to be back soon (aug may be). Glad to see this thread where you are planning to get admission to this school or have already admitted. AbhiV, saw that your kids are starting school here. Please let me know your first hand experience with your kids at this school Where did you relocate from? (US?). Which class is your kid now in? My kid goes to 1st std. Where are you put up in chennai currently? Hows the commute to this school? We are thinking Nanganallur. If any of you are planning to return to this or around this area in chennai in 2008 please let me know. We can keep in touch,

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  4. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Re: I need Information abt DAV Girls CBSE - Mogappair

Hi Viji,

I live in Mogappair. I moved from velachery this year. I will be moving to kolathur next year. I just put my kids in Spartan CBSE this year. It feels like a good school so far. They have a lot of extra curricular activies like swimming, skating, karate, dance and music. The campus is kind of small, they dont have an outdoor playground. The class rooms are all airconditioned. Getting an admission was not hard. About DAV, my landlords daughter goes to that school. Getting admission is very hard. My sis tried to get her daughter admitted in LKG this year but failed. She then got admission in chinmaya.
    Velammal, is very strict with kids I heard and lots of homework. Admission migt be a problem here also.Velammal has too many sections in each class and too many kids in each section 45-60. The sections run from A-P.
    Hope this helps. let me know if u need more info. Goodluck.

Jothi.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

SAngk,

I think AbiV, is little busy. she has returned back from us only. And nanganallur is a good area for commute to this school and have seen school buses plying from here.

Have a friend's daughter going there, they are happy about the school.

6. Thendral

Thendral New IL'ite

shanvy,
    Though many people are happy with the school, I heard that students are given their own laptops from grade 2. I found this alarming!
    That is why I opted not to check out the school.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

thendral,

YEs this is teh first school in chennai to have laptops at school level. the parents feel it is a status symbol. i had rejected this school two years back because of a different reason.

8. vbrintha

vbrintha New IL'ite

Re: School fee and Srujana Montessori

Hi Mullai,

Sorry to say that I do not have much about this Montessori. I am currently in US and have plans to come to Chennai this October. My Daughter will be 4 yrs then. Do you know any good CBSE school in Chennai where I can put my Daughter?

Are you basically from Chennai?

Regards
    Brintha

9. Vijaylakshmi

Vijaylakshmi New IL'ite

Jothi,

Thanx for ur valuable info.........
    How abt the teaching and extra curricular activities in DAV Girls CBSE in Mogappair.

If u dont mind, can u gve ur contact no? so that it would be helpfull for me to discuss with u regarding the admission in DAV & SPARTAN.

10. urslovingly

urslovingly New IL'ite

Hi viji,

Iam in mogappair. I know very well about DAV girls cbse school. It is the best school i have ever heard. Many of my friends have studied there.

- urslovingly.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008