Queries, questions about various schools

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by sowjvin, Dec 19, 2006.

Best CBSE School in Chennai

1. Padma seshadri

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. DAV, Gopalapuram

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. NPS, Gopalapuram

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jaynat

Jaynat New IL'ite

Re: School admission

Shanvy, Thanks again for the feedback and related info. Good to hear that both school has positive references. Makes it easier to shortlist. Defenitly will chk out both. If u do come across the website pls do post them here. Tnaks again

Cheers
    Jay

2. teju

teju Senior IL'ite

Re: School admission

Dear Maya,
    Thanks a lot. I will try for LKG next year.
    I know I was crazy about losing a year, etc, but nowadays it has become a part of life where everyone is being pushed, even kids :-( I never attended preKG. But now every kid is attending. Sometimes I think I should not put her in a school at all :idea Let her join a school whenever she wants to or when she is about 7 years old. Crazy!!!

3. AbiV

AbiV New IL'ite

Hi,

we are moving back to india in april. we have 2 kids aged 41/2 and 21/2 and have applied for them in psbb millenium at gst road (pre-kg, ukg).

i would like to connect with parents who have their children in this school.

thanks,
    abi

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

AbhiV,

All the best for your R2I. which is your area of stay. I heard the school is good. One of my friends cousins's kid is studying there.

5. chidambaripanyam

chidambaripanyam Senior IL'ite

Hello

We went and met the concerned person in PSBB last week and came to know that admissions were closed in December 2007 itself. This information they have not informed us when we called up in the month of January 2008 for my kid for UKG.As it seems school is closing down in the month of March 2008 so there is no chance in this academic year i.e 2008-2009.This is what i understood from the admission department in PSBB school.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hey chidambaripriyan,

Offlate, I have been observing this is one of the tactics most of the school are using...be it a small one or one of the most reputed..that admissions are closed..

Last year when i approached them in april regarding my children's admission, they asked me to come in. by then i got admission in another so did not go there...

7. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

If you can let me kknow whta info you want I can get it for you, two of my colleagues ahave admitted their kids in PSBB millenium.

8. AbiV

AbiV New IL'ite

Re: area of stay

Thanks shanvy.
    I was so hesitant about posting - but I feel welcome now Bow

Our area of stay is still undecided, as we are not sure whether schools will insist on particular areas. We might choose adyar/besant nagar/indira nagar if the schools agree !!

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

AbhiV,

One thing i would like to point out. PSBB millenium is good but it is not part of the psbb. it just uses the psbb name and both vel's vidhyashram and pssbbmillenium have taken guidelines from psbb.

psbbmillenium was started by two nri's. the school is good. has a good campus and easily accessible on the main road.

regarding adyar i don't think it will be problem. but for a ukg and pre-kg to travel so much in the traffic...you always can look out at adambakkam, nanganallur, guindy which is nearer to the school.. (this is my opinion.)

10. AbiV

AbiV New IL'ite

Re: psbb millenium - best areas to stay

Thanks shanvy, I did finally look up chennai neighbourhoods in google map and realised the areas you suggested will be good, even though hubby will have to travel to siruseri.

If we like the school and we get admission, we have decided to hunt for house in that area, if the school van route goes through those areas (thats lot of ifs ! :) my moving plan seems to be full of them)