Queries, questions about various schools

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by sowjvin, Dec 19, 2006.

Best CBSE School in Chennai

1. Padma seshadri

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. DAV, Gopalapuram

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. NPS, Gopalapuram

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mahesselva

Mahesselva New IL'ite

Hi,

Me too waiting for the reply.

Mahi

2. sinisudhish

sinisudhish New IL'ite

hi brindha,
    i saw u'r thread, asking about st. britto's school. i too have all those q?. did u get the answer.how far good the school is. can u please reply for this...
    my son is 3 1/2 & i want to put him to lkg next yr.so please help me..

regards
    sinisudhish

3. npriya22

npriya22 New IL'ite

If u have got a reply for yr query can u pls mail me
    I have the same question and frantically searching for an answer !

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2009
  4. ushamathan

ushamathan New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am new to this blog. I have 2.5 yrs old daughter. I am in Adambakkam. Now she is studying in Prince matriculation school, Madipakkam. I heard some bad opinion abt this school. It is very nice some body give the info about St.Britto's Academy. I heard that extra curricular activities and communication skill will be good in this school. But I dont know about the education system. How it is? Any rank holders are there? I am awaiting for your valuable reply.

with regards,
    UshaMathan.:)

5. reachtmeena

reachtmeena New IL'ite

Hello Friends,

I have been viewing posts of last 2 years on schools and admission. Though lot of us use this medium to gain info, none of the parents who had already undergone the admission procedure, last year or the previous want to share anything. So PLEASE, 'parents of wards' who have gained admission in reputed schools, kindly advice us on the procedure and basis on which the applications are shortlisted to best of your knowledge. this would help young parents like many of us, anxiously looking forward for admissions now and in future.

Cheers,
    Meena

6. Venma

Venma New IL'ite

LKG Admission near Saligramam, Vadapalani, Ashok Nagar, Anna Nagar, Kodambakkam,
    <HR style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>Hello Friends,

**** LKG Admission Query, ****
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    We are recently relocated to Chennai. My son is 3.5 now: DOB: 04<SUP>th</SUP> May 2006, currently attending nursery at Euro Kids.

We are put up near Ambika Empire, 100 Ft road, Vadapalani.

I’m really confused about school admission in Chennai, when few schools issue application other schools completes admission, real dilemma to choose school. My job is transferable and I will be in Chennai for max 2 years.

Please provide rating some of the schools mentioned below, good infrastructure in school is important to me.

• <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Scharam</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Academy</st1:placeType></st1:place>, Anna Nagar (They will provide notification in first week of DEC[​IMG])
    • PSBB Millenium, GST Road (they told they have transportation facility to our locality, I need to make complete payment for admission by 23<SUP>rd</SUP> Dec, 2009. Really confused to accept admission offer or reject it considering distance, since other schools just start admission process at this time[​IMG])
    • Chennai Public School (They asked to contact in Jan 2010, I prefer this school, but it is too late, I fear if I decline PSBB millennium and my son does n’t make it to CPS interview, that will be worst case:drowning)
    Pls. add other good schools, if any and provide valuable suggestion in complex decentralized Chennai school admission process to choose right school.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. gundasi

gundasi New IL'ite

Hi All (especially Shanti) ,

We are planning to move from UK to Adambakkam by 2010.

My son is 7 years old next April 23. I would like to know in which class will he be admitted .He is at present in Year 2 in UK. We are focusing on Dav adambakkam and velachery ,St.Brittos .

Could anyone tell me what the admission procedure is in the above mentioned schools and the feedback about them, good or bad ?

.I am carrying our 2nd baby which is due in July.So my travel has to be before April .So planning to finish of the formalities before April.

I would be grateful to anyone who gives me a reply.

Many thanks in advance.

regards,
    Lalitha

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  8. priyadevadathan

priyadevadathan New IL'ite

gateway school chennai

hi i am planing to move this june back to india(Chennai) going to stay in sithalapakkam.i did't find any good schools near my place. atlast... i got to know about gateway school. anyone know about the school and there management .is that good school? i head last week gatway school teachers are not very qualified teachers . i hope its not true...? still i like to know any one know that school personally pls help me.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2009
  9. ShijiV

ShijiV New IL'ite

KV 1 and KV 2 East Tambaram

Hi,

Admission for KV 1 and KV2 East Tambaram would start by the 1st week of February 2010.Admission is available for Class 1 only ,for other classes it depends on Vacant seats available at the time of admission.

Admission to Class 1 is relatively easy even if you are applying on open category.If you can get recommendation letter from the MP in this area it will make it much easier to get admission.

Best Wishes

10. reachtmeena

reachtmeena New IL'ite

Re: School admission

Hi Shanthi,

Hope u r doing gud. . Can u give a honest feedback on St.Brittos school. i am planning to put my daughter in LKG in 2010. ur feedback wud be of grt help.

rgds,
    Meena