Queries on Sweet & Dessert Recipes - Go Here!

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by vkn, Jan 25, 2006.

1. PadmajaEdwin

PadmajaEdwin New IL'ite

Palkova

Dear Teja,

I think what u mean is recipe for Palkova, right.

I know to do in Microwave oven only.

Ingredients :
    250 g condensed milk (full cream)
    50 g cream
    milk powder - 8 tablespoons (more also u can add)
    1 teaspoon ghee
    curd - 4 tablespoons

Mix everything in a microwave bowl and keep in the oven for 8 mins. U need not close the bowl. Keep an eye on the mixture. After 5 mins or so stir it once. Sometimes 8 mins maynot be enough. U can increase the timing if u couldn't get the required consistency- probably to 2 or 3 mins more.

Luv,
    Padmaja Edwin

2. Nila

Nila New IL'ite

3. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Thanq

Dear Padmaja & Nila

Thanq so much for ur replies. But I just have a few more questions regarding this recipe. I have an idea that my grand ma used to make this recipe by boiling the milk until it comes to half and she keeps stirring the milk by adding some thing in that milk ... { Think we need to have a lot of patience to make this}

I just don't know what other ingridients that she used in making Palkova, and then she makes that mix into diff shapes , it tastes so yummy....

If any body know regarding this procedure do let me know .

I also wanted to try the procedure that Padmaja gave me, looks like very easy compared to the one that I wanted. Also I will have a luk in that link that Nila had given me.

Thanks Ladies...
    Teja:tongue

4. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

See this Teja

Dear Teja,

I think your grandmother will prepare like this. Try this type.

1 lt thick full cream milk
    200 gms sugar

Pour the milk in a big vessel and start heating. Be careful and stand near the stove. Or make it sim so that the milk will not come over the vessel. Stir occasionally
    Let it become semi solid. At this time stand near and stir continuously. You can increase the flame now.
    Now Add sugar and mix well. When it becomes thick, remove from the fire and bring it to room temp. Now you can make shapes as per your wish and your yummy palkova is ready.

Another easy method to make this in minutes.
    Just pour condensed milk, (Milk maid, 400 gms tin) in a MW bowl and add one teaspoon of curd. Mix well. Keep in it the MW. And switch it for 2 min. and for every one min you remove and stir the Palkova. Palkova will be ready with in 6 – 7 min. but don’t keep at a stretch. Just keep for one , one min each time. And enjoy Yummy palkova.

T ry and give me FB.

5. PadmajaEdwin

PadmajaEdwin New IL'ite

Palkova

Dear Teja,

Ofcourse the MW oven cooking is the easiest recipe. The reason for adding milk powder is it will give a bulk amount and all the more it will subside the sweetness of condensed milk. Otherwise, if u use condensed milk, don't u find it as too sweet!!! (may be for me!!)

Thank u.

6. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Palkova

Dear Krishnamma & Padmaja ,

Thanq for sharing your recipes with me. I am gonna try in both methods as u guys mentioned ( with milk powder & with out milk powder ) and I will let u know how it comes. I luv sweetness but not so sweet though. So I will give a try and get back to u guys with my feedback...

Also thanks Krishnamma for the original method that I actually wanted.

Bye Ladies
    Teja:wave

7. krishnaamma

Sweet = sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Hi Padmaja,

You need less sweet it seems. I am a Sweet lover. So I need sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet in sweets.:-D

8. krishnaamma

hi

Hi Teja,

I will wait for your FB.:-D

9. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

It's so Yummy...

Dear Krishnamma,

I tried your way of style first as I have n't milk powder ready in my kitchen. It was a bit too sweet than I wanted. But it was gud. Thanq Krishnamma.....

I haven't tried the original ( Old Tradition ) method yet, as I need to have a bit more patience for that. I will do that soon so...

Then I tried the other method that Padmaja does ,by adding 1 spoon of ghee in it. I was also thinking that why shouldn't I add some Cardamom powder also for nice smell. But I wasn't actually did that. I had that thought after I prepared my Palkova. So if any one wanted to try do let me know that it is gud or not.....

What I did was

1 tin Milk Maid
    4 spoons Milk Powder
    2 spoons Curd
    1 spoon ghee
    2 pinches Cardamom Powder ( It's up to u, I didn't add )

I mixed all the ingridients in a MW bowl and MW for 6 min. But for every 2 min opened the MW and stir it. My favourite Yummy Palkova is ready with in minutes.

Thanq Padmaja . That was awesome.....
    Teja:clap

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Good for u Tejudatla!

You seem to be getting lucky with all the recipes you were searching for. I am yet to try that junnu as I am not so sure about my family liking it. I was keeping a close track on this thread and now that you have even tried and tested, I feel motivated to make it. This one will be a hit in my house as I remember my mil and sil making palkova billalu especially for my hubby:)

L, Kamla