1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Queries on Indian community/pediatrician/ montessori in Cincinnati

Discussion in 'Indians in Cincinnati' started by smithamd, Apr 3, 2012.

1. smithamd

smithamd New IL'ite

Hi,
    We will be moving to Cincinnati in few days. I have a 2 year old and need help in some aspects. Please help me with your valuable inputs.

1. My husnads office will be in Downtown Cincinnati. Which is the closest residential location where I can find Indians. Any apt suggestion will be great.
    2. Any good pediatrician recommendation?
    3. I am planning to start sending my son to a day care/montessori. Any good ones in the location ?
    4. Is there any website for Indian classifieds like sulekha exclusively for Cincinnati / Ohio?

Hope to get some replies.
    Thanks

2. priyaindusladie

priyaindusladie Senior IL'ite

Re: Cincinnati folks need help

Hi Smitha ,
    We too are moving to cincinnati , OH this month end from CT. I was just exploring internet and got some details about cincy.

There is a very good indian community in Mason , Loveland , BlueAsh and Cincinnati too. I find the rents of the apartments are economical compared to where i live in CT. We just booked the flat in www.napcincinnati.com ( Olde Montogomery ). We planned that area because of very good rating for school district. Check the following websites to know more about cinci
    www.ohioindia.us
    www.apnaohio.com/
    www.eknazar.com/cincinnati/

Hope the above information is useful to you.... All the best for ur relocation.
    Bye for now

Cheers
    Priya :)

3. smithamd

smithamd New IL'ite

Hi Priya,
    Thanks for all the details. Forgot to check this post .. that's why delay in reply. We reached here yesterday. Have you guys reached ? Will start looking for apt soon. Keep in touch. Good to find an Indian here.

4. priyaindusladie

priyaindusladie Senior IL'ite

Hi Smitha ,
    We are moving to cincinnati , this friday only. nice to see your reply. will surely be in touch smitha.... just private message me your contact number.. will share my phone no too... and the apartment you rent if have booked. I too feel great to be in touch with indian ... are you working ?
    do stay in touch

Admin note: No SMS/Chat style of texts are allowed in IL.

5. gompu

gompu New IL'ite

Smitha

There are lot of indians in Eastgate/ Beechmont area commuting to downtown cincinnati for work. These areas have the public transport available.

Lake Pointe Apartments in Eastgate/ Batavia are good.
    Fox Chase Aprtments in Beechmont are good.

6. Navilu

Navilu New IL'ite

Hi All,

Good to know that u people have moved recently, even we are moving to Cincinatti next month.
    I m also having lots of questions in my mind like u:)
    Please let me know your Valuable Inputs
    1. We have 10 months baby and looking for good pediatrician
    2. How will be the weather year around
    3. Recommendation for good apartments? Preferably with Indian Community.
    4. Recommendation for packers and movers to move goods.
    We currently live in CA.

Hope to get some replies.

Thank you in advance,

7. smithamd

smithamd New IL'ite

Hi Gompu,
    Thanks for the update. But by the time I read your post we already booked an apt in Waterford Place , Loveland. It is quite far from downtown. But luckily his office is getting shifted to another place close by.

Wondering if there is anyone from Waterford/ Malard crossing apts ??

Navilu, I have no clue about a good pediatrician. Even I am looking for same. We moved to Waterford apartments and these are good. I have seen quite a few Indians here.
    Hope someone else will answer your queries. Good luck with the move.

8. gompu

gompu New IL'ite

Smithamd, welcome to Cincinnati.
    Waterford apartments - so you must be closer to the Fields Ertel Rd/ Mason-Montgomery Road. There are quite a few Pediatricians in that area. The "Springdale-Mason Pediatrics group" is pretty good. There group of doctors is very good. Their number is 513-459-1615.
    Also, there is a Group Health Associates which is a huge group with all specialties for the entire family.

Navilu, where in Cincinnati are you planning to move?

9. Navilu

Navilu New IL'ite

Hi Smithamd,

Thanks for replying:) Got adjusted with new apt? Hope I too find good apt and friends too :)
    How old is ur son/daughter? Are you from Karnataka?

@Gompu, Thanks for the details abt pediatricians! Where do you live? in Cincinatti?

Thanks,
    Navilu
    Probably we will be moving near 45215 area code,

10. sshiras

sshiras New IL'ite

hi..
    i dont know whr to post..enquiring some needy information to u all..plz help me..
    My child is now 3 yrs..looking for a kindergarten or nursery in mussaffah area. I got job , have to join immediately..i dont know how my child cop up with the new environment. Please help me whr i can send my child..i am looking near dalma mall..my office z nearby..plz respond at the earliest..