Queries and suggestions - first trimester miscarriage

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by luckyme, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi agree with ssm,

try to meet our doctor.i have decided to take 4-5 months break as i was on high medicine till 16 week of my preg so its good to be away for sometime from medicine for maintaing my health.

2. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

i agree with ur statements

"Also they say that miscarriage which happens in the first trimester is usually to do with the foetus ,probably chromosomal abnormality as the first 3 months are when the baby grows and vital organs are formed. 2 trimester miscarriages are usually to do with the mother's health."

very true ,i had PROM at 16 week and my babies were healthy but my uterus was not growing proportionately for twins.

Luckyme till first 12 weeks miscarriage is quite common and mostly 8 to 9 weeks m/c are for chromosomal abnormalities

3. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

Luckyme,

My miscarriage was caused at almost end of 12th week. The baby has stopped growing few days earlier and there was no blood supply to the fetus when checked in ultra sound. We did D & C the same day. I also asked for them to check the chromosomal test on the fetus. The results came back that there were no chromosome abnormalities and my baby girl if survived, would have grown to be normal. They also told me there was no problem with my cervix. The doctor also do not want to do follow up tests on me/DH to check for other possibilities unless I have another miscarriage. So we are totally in the dark as to what could be the problem.

So yes, as per the doctors we are on a break for 3 months or so, before trying out other options like FET.

Hope things work out for all of us!

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Help me angel, Lucky me & Swati,
    Try to relax dear. It seems all three of you were stressed to the bad level. Try to change your mind. Yes, this is the hard phase, but don't make your life more harder with these thoughts. Give it a break to all these sad thoughts. Give the mind some fresh and good memories. That will help you to think about other things available before you, in your path.
    Be positive & strong. Someday the right thing will happen. Take care.

5. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi Vasu,

nice profile pic!
    you are right i was stressed ,i have decided to take it easy now.
    are u taking any treatment or planiing anything in this year....i ned to take some tips from u how to be away for sometime from treatment ...i suddenly think i am running out of fertility age and i get panic and cannot stop treatment,right now i m 32 i have decided to try till 35 yrs

Luckyme,
    i think i got good treatment at gupte,after induce delevery they had given me 2 cabergolin tab to reduce milk 35 formation and other thing.I got my period yesterday that is in exact 35 days.i didnt expect it but its good i think they had told me to start exercise after 1 period.

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swati,
    Currently i am not with any treatments(other than taking prolactin tablets) and not going to try that path until next year.
    I am 30 years old dear. Age factor, There is no point in worrying until something good happens on its own. There is not golden line drawn around 30 for the biological clock. As long as your body is fit, you can hold your LO! So, try to keep yourself fit, that will do! Worrying won't help! Try forget those worrying stuffs dear. If you want any support, PM me, i will hang out with you until you need!
    Take care. Sticky Baby dust to you.
    That avatar is to mark Women's day! Thanks dear. Soon will sticky to some flowers which are my all time favorite.
    Happy women's day to all!

7. helpmeangel

Happy Women's day to you Vasu!!

1 person likes this.
  8. jyotiparab

jyotiparab Silver IL'ite

hI helpmeangel
    hAPPY womns day
    please try to relax yourself...dont take much tension...ONE day you will conceive for sure and have your LO in your arms

HARI OM TATSAT JAI GURU DUTTA :)

9. helpmeangel

Dear Jyoti,

Thanks for your wishes and kind words. Happy Women's day to you too!

10. anuradhasundar

anuradhasundar Silver IL'ite

After 4 years struggle i conceived naturally. I was didnt take any TTC treatment for the last 2 years. Before that myomectamy, dygnosis lap with hystro done, and I had 3 failed IUI. However at present i conceived naturally. 2days before miscarriage only doctor confirmed my preg through scan. but that joy ended within 2days. After abortion i got severe urinary infection. I went to nearby doc in a week after abortion. She gave some antibiotics and vaginal insertion tab. After the insertion i got severe burning with heavy bleeding for the past three days. I am very much afraid. Tomorow i am going to review to my doc. Before that i want to know any body experienced like this.