Queries about healthcare: Gynae, Pead, Dentists and GP!

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Singapore' started by nirmiti27, Jul 2, 2007.

1. mbhadoria

mbhadoria New IL'ite

Help me to find a Gynecologist!

Hi to All,

i m 21 week pregnant.this is my first pregnancy.consulting in NUH.very much confused about delievery.which option is better,india or singapore.

I have few problems like ovarian cyst and m asthmatic.leaving my husband for 3 months minimum(i think)will be very difficult for me.but i have see financial and last trisemster caring problems too.do i need sombody in last months.don't have much idea about the charges and expenditure during delievery.plz friends help me in this regards.if u have experience then u can help me.thanx in advance.

2. lalithanivas

lalithanivas Gold IL'ite

re: Help me to find a Gynecologist!

Hi bhadoria

u can see thread(HAIR LOSS) which was posted by me.in the 2nd page of dis thread mrs.laxmi gave detailed information regarding hospitals delivery n regarding the charges for consultations scans n delivery.u please go through it.after reading dis i think all ur doubts will be clarified.

3. mbhadoria

mbhadoria New IL'ite

which is better kk or nuh

thanx a lot for the information
    i was very much confused.as i m consulting in NUH(Dr.A.venkat),little bit relaxed.
    few more quries can u help me.
    1.which one will be better nuh or kk.
    2.i m 21 week pregnant,can i go at this stage to kk.
    3.do i need go for tests again in kk.
    4.will i get my all reports from nuh.
    5.in kk which female indian doctor is better for consulting.

thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2008
  4. mbhadoria

mbhadoria New IL'ite

Re: need an urgent help(NUH or KK)

Hi lalitha,
    thanx a lot for showing me the thread.
    ya after reading mrs.laxmi given information i m little bit relaxed.
    again i quoted few queries,don't know why at this stage so many Qs arises,and creates confusions.
    anyways now i can think abt delievery in s'pore.
    but as per her view kk is better i think,i just want to know at this stage can i change doctor ,will it be costly for me,do i have to go for all tests again.?

5. mbhadoria

mbhadoria New IL'ite

Hi lalitha,

Thanx a lot.for showing me very helpful thread.

6. mbhadoria

mbhadoria New IL'ite

21 week pregnant can i change doctor at this stage

Hi,

Thanks a lot Mrs.laxmi
    yes your information about delivery is very helpful.
    now i want to go KK for my delievery,21 week pregnant,can i go at this stage.
    will i get my case history and reports from NUH.
    i have few problems like ovarian cyst and asthma,which doctor will be good for me to consult in KK.

thanks in advance.

7. anu_vishnu

anu_vishnu New IL'ite

Re: hair loss

hi laxmi,
    Thanks a lot for a information.it will be very helpfull for my sil,not only for her, each and every women who stays in singapore will be getting use of this information.thankyou lax.when are you coming back to singapore?..
    thanks
    anu

8. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Re: hair loss

Hi Laxmi

Thanks for a detailed explanation. However, I want to point out that the subsidised fees you have mentioned and the Govt subsidies for new borns are ONLY for SINGAPORE CITIZENS. Not for foreigners or permanent residents of Singapore.

My view about private hospitals, since I delivered in one and had been working there.....(Just the other side of the coin.)

1. Usually there will be a package available from the first trimester till the delivery quoted by private doctor clinic. They will do the US when necessary and also upon any special request. The fees varies for normal delivery and with caesarian delivery.
    2. The follow up is consistent since only the same doctor sees us every time and I feel ,( in my opinion) is very important.
    3. The waiting time is considerably much less when compared to government hospitals.(Except we have to stick on to our appointment time correctly)
    4. I feel that it gives us some confidence to see the familiar faces of doctors with us during childbirth, rather than delivering under some new faces, especially in this foreign country and that too our first delivery. So I definitely will choose a doctor who I am comfortable with to be with me to deliver my baby.

There are many private hospitals around in Singapore with excellent gynaes who provide good care. My My 2cents

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  9. lalithanivas

lalithanivas Gold IL'ite

Hi bhadoria

if u have more queries about delivery u better ask mrs laxmi.while i was reading the replies i found that information very useful.so i told u to see that thread so dat u feel relaxed after reading that.
    ok how is your health?
    where do u stay dear?keep in touch.ok take care :)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  10. mbhadoria

mbhadoria New IL'ite

Hi Lalitha,

ya very much relaxed now and very helpful information for taking decision.
    my health is ok,and m staying at mountbatten road.
    wat abt u?when u came to s'pore?tke care.

mani