Queries about healthcare: Gynae, Pead, Dentists and GP!

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Singapore' started by nirmiti27, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

2. SBRose

SBRose Bronze IL'ite

Pl Suggest good pediatrician (Indian) in Singapore

Hi SingIlites,

One of my friend is coming from India with her new born baby. Can you pl suggest a good Indian pediatrician (If possible, NUH).

Thanks !

3. lovesew

lovesew New IL'ite

Re: Pl Suggest good pediatrician (Indian) in Singapore

Hi,
    I take my kids to Kinder clinic at Paragon. Can look for either Dr Pradeep Kumar or Dr Shiva.
    Hope this helps. Sorry I dont know anybody in NUH

1 person likes this.
  4. ranivasan

ranivasan Senior IL'ite

Dr.Sharmila appan of Bishan baby clinic back side of ocbc at block 510. She is great doc. Another my friend just recommended was Dr. Koh

Lee medical ASSOCIATE PVT LTD

FRONTIER HEALTH CARE
    Blk 899 c woodlands drive 50
    01 296

opposite to 888 plaza taxi stand.

Ph.No...63663631

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  5. SBRose

SBRose Bronze IL'ite

Dear Rani,

How are you ?
    Thanks for stepping in and for the details..

6. SBRose

SBRose Bronze IL'ite

Hi Lovesew

Welcome to IL.

Thanks for providing the info..

Have a great day !

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  7. Madhavi1981

Madhavi1981 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I used to take my kid to Dr.Vella in Singapore baby & child clinic in Ang Mo kio. He visits Mt.Alvernia & Thomsan centre weekly twice.

8. SBRose

SBRose Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Madhavi ,

Have a good day !

9. jpoorni

jpoorni Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    what would be the rate per visit for the doctors.how is the medical expenses compared to chennai and also like to know whether it would be better to take some medical insurance etc.,

Thanks,
    Poornibonk

10. laxmi.kumar

laxmi.kumar New IL'ite

Re: hair loss

hai anu sorry for delated replay,:bowdown
    Say my wishes to ur sil and brother going to get a sweat little angelBig Laugh

1. Comparing India baby birth is very easy and comfortable in SGP ,here they mostly try for normal delivery in Hygienic Environment ,delivery can be done by painless methods like........ by painless injection or by sleeping delivery with minimal cost

2 All our friends and family members prefer KK womens Hospital For child and female related issues-in litttle india.Next in KK womens hospital they have 4clinic A,B,C,D........ A clinic is very expensive(not comparing private clinic) next B,C,D.

3.For first appointment with Annaporani I spent arround 135$SD and next appointment they told consultation fees 85$SD but I consult a chinese doctor in B clinic I spent just for first check up 70$ and for second checkup $4o and for scanning just $20 but for my friend they(DR.AP) charge $60 Comparing her they given very good treatment.....:thumbsup

4.Next in Alexander hospital,or NUH or KK ,DR will not come and attend the delivery of patient it is normal in all hospitals of singapore only 3 to 4 nurses(not like India) very well and experienced will do delivery with
    super protections:thumbsup.If u have more money,U need DR in the time of delivery they charge $500-1000 they just give their visit in the time of delivery but dont involve in delivery just give their views....only nurse do the delivery ,In case complication arise DR will come autometically ,But here chances for complication is very low........

5.One of my co-sis had her 2nd delivery in KK womens hospital in B clinic her husband is a Technician,they spent $300 for painless delivery injection (for injection only) in KK------and another co-sis had her had her 2nd delivery in KK womens hospital in D clinic,they spent $100 her huspand is a IT programmer Earning $8000k pm in singapore ,what both told was both have same kind of treatment but D clinis is cost-wise cheaper

6.Another point in B clinic for each and every appointment same doctor do consultation but in D clinic diff doctor will come attend the patient with same nurse and case History , at any cost doctor dont come to delivery this is the process in SGP,So my co-sis ask me go to D clinis for my next Baby

7.Here in SGP ,after baby birth govt pay subsidary for baby welfare Arround700$ like other countries and In KK womens hospital u can settle the bill by monthly installment.......

8.If u want to get appointment in KK ,Select ur own clinis(A,B,s,D) go straight to KK hospital with ur old case history and say Delivery in private hospiatal (DR.Ap)is not affordable ,then u get immidiate appointment their one of my co-sis did like that to get appountment after her 5month check up.

9 Atlast delivery in singapore is very easy and govt give subsidary and u can pay bill by Installment and both my co-sis had their delivery only by nurse both their baby are doing good now they are old 3 yrs......

10. Say to ur sil Dont get fear abt delivery in singapore.......:hiya,delivery is easy but taking care of baby motherfeeding and taking care of her body after delivery are issues.........bonk
    If u want to talk abt this my contact no

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2008