Queries about Education in Singapore: Primary Level

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Singapore' started by v.gajalakshmi, Dec 23, 2007.

1. rshivagami

rshivagami New IL'ite

Re: Singapore Schools

Thanks a ton Anushiv for your valuable comments. Will comeback later with more questions..:)-

Sivagami.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  2. Tiniwio

Tiniwio New IL'ite

Muchos gracias Anushiv for detailed answer ! On below point about fee comparison:

is it still accurate, because GIS has announced fee hike March 2008 which you can find in Google:

GIS fee hike announcement

So it may mean DPS fee is equal or lower ?

Apart from fee, a thing to compare is how are their results.:coffee

3. uthra

uthra Junior IL'ite

Need feedback on pap schools

hi,
    Are the pap schools here good ?
    Do they discriminate Indian kids.
    I read in singapore moms forum that these schools are quiet good and children improve a lot on their vocabulary .
    But most of my Indian friends do not have a good opinion about them..
    could someone advise pls

4. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Re: Need feedback on pap schools

Hi Uthra

The subject has been discussed already in this thread. pls go through the posts and if you need any additional info you can post your queries further. I am merging the 2 threads to avoid thread duplication. Thanks for understanding.

5. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Hi Uthra,

Long time...no see?? How're you doing? I think this one is for you 3-yrs.old daughter right.

Regarding PAP schools, I too have read a lot about in the straits times...untrained teachers. Poor standard of English etc. However, teachers & centres differ from place to place. Two my friend's children are studying PAP school in Serangoon area. They are happy with it.

Advantage- it is near to their home, less fee around $100 & less strength.

Disadvantage- most PAP schools don't have second language (Tamil or Hindi) you need to teach mother tongue at home. Remember this is a challenging task!

Generally, for kindergarten local people will go for church affiliated schools, montessori schools or schools like sarada kindergarten (Bartley road) or saraswathi kindergarten (yishun & toapayo).

bye for now & catch up with you later.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  6. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

hi,

Is there kendriya vidhyalaya in singapore. Some one suggested me that school today.
    How is the standard of education in singapore(particularly maths).
    Please guide me in this.
    I am planning to put my dd in GIIS.
    Which locations are near to GIIS school. Give me a list of locations near the school(both branches).

7. sujaram

sujaram Senior IL'ite

Hi shivagami,

My childrens are studying from Kindergenden. My elder son is in Junior College and Younger one is in Secondary 3. as per my experiences i say Singapore Schools are good and they take good care of childrens studies and they keep the track of the childrens and we are free to talk to teachers.
    bye

8. jyothy

jyothy New IL'ite

schools near by bedok south ave 1.

hi! friends ,

we had recently moved to bedok south avenue 1, r there any schools near by our place? now my daughter is going to the school near by pp but its quite far and it takes 1:50 min by van . she is getting very much tired . please provide me info . she will b going to nursery next yr. And how long it takes by van to DPS and GIIS ?

9. uthra

uthra Junior IL'ite

hi Anushiv,

thanks for ure feedback on the pap schools.

nice to catch up with you after a long time....not able to send private message since i have yet to reach the 50 or so....postsshakehead

anyway i remember the times when we were a very few who were active in the singapore ladies section......its nice to see so many active members now.

regarding my sons school i had a thought about giis queenstown..... but i could not gather much feedback about it.

some pap schools ( like the one near mine) offer indian languages from k1.

As you advised i have zeroed in on a church affiliated school which is also an affiliate of raffles institute....hope it works out fine

10. jyothy

jyothy New IL'ite

Re: schools near by bedok south ave 1.

oops!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guess no idea abt the schools in my area.........anyway no prob's.........i have gathered some info ........lets c..........

bye........