Queries About Baby Aspirin And Dupahston And Other Stuffs..pls Help.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by ashima10, Sep 18, 2016.

1. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

hello Lovely ladies,

i have a few things which are bothering me( not much but its still there ) please advise.

iam 12+ weeks pregnant with first one. Iam on metmrofin( once a day ) , cyclogest ( 400 mg once a day ) and prenatal vitamins.

After Nt scan Dr said since iam on metmorfin she has prescribed baby aspirin( she said its not needed but adding it wont do any harm Too , and she asked me to reduce cyclogest to alternate days )she said cyclogest isnt needed any more since placenta ahs been formed but the scared look on my face made scared too. !!

Now my query is for how long can i take cyclogest....is it okay if i let go off it? is my fear irrational ?
    and after abby baby aspirin i cd feel slight poke type pain ( not continuous ) in and around tummy. is it normal.

Also wanted to know if massages on back 9 gentle one ) are ok in this time and little jerks on roads too ?
    generally the roads are fine but sometimes the cab river takes sudden breaks and all.

I know this might be going nuts and also driving you guys nuts with such silly questions...but please bear with me.

thanks !

2. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

@ashima10

Once the placenta is formed, progesterone tabs are of little use. Its totally safe to discontinue. I am not sure if there are any adverse effects of taking it after 12 weeks. But I am worried about the baby aspirin you are taking. it is a blood thinner. my dad who had a by pass surgery is taking it (and is supposed to take it for the rest of his life) to reduce the risk of clots .He accidentally cut his finger and had to be in the ER for 4-5 hours because the bleeding wouldnt stop. Baby aspirin will have to be discontinued well before you deliver for sure else blood clot will be delayed. not trying to scare you.just trying to make you aware. please consult with your gynec about it.

Your Lo is not going to fall out because of few bumps and jerks. but try avoiding too much of them. also avoid chemical treatments on skin and hair until after you deliver the baby and stop breast feeding. chemicals applied on skin/scalp will get into blood stream and breast milk. It is not known to cause serious issues.but better be safe than sorry right? Happy pregnancy dear

3. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

what ?
    she said that since iam taking metmorfin she advised me "Aspimed 75 mgs " my head is spinning now.she also said its not needed but it wnt harm.

4. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

Your gynec is much more qualified to give advise/opinion than I am. But just check. dont freak out. zyour due date is still some time away.

5. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

hmmm...yo are right. freakng was something could not help....sorry to take you on guilt trip!
    :0
    feeling little relaxed and telling myself to trust the doctor!

6. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

@ashima10

The placenta takes over the progesterone hormone responsibility after 10 weeks. So it's safe to discontinue it now. My doctor asked me to stop at completion of 12 weeks.
    Baby aspirin is given very routinely these especially in IVF pregnancies, elderly mothers, it's a very low dose and it won't cause harm. It's just to make sure the baby gets good circulation and also it prevents pregnancy induced BP & low birth weight babies. Aspirin is usually stopped in 8th month.
    Don't panic and trust ur doctor , she would never advise u wrong.
    Relax and enjoy ur pregnancy

ashima10 and Bubbles like this.
  7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ashima,
    I had baby asprin with my first pregnancy. Stopped it around cerclage for 1+ weeks and then stopped it 2 weeks before delivering my girl. Now, don't worry for taking it. It will thin blood and improve blood circulation to uterus. That was the aim of your doc.
    I wrote to you on duedate club for progesterone supplement. Better I do not to repeat it.

ashima10 and Agony like this.
  8. nekkanti

nekkanti Bronze IL'ite

I was give Aspirin until 5th month and Vaginal Progesterone for about 7.5 months. Infertility docs give them not to take risk. My obstetrician said its no need

ashima10 likes this.
  9. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks you everyone for feedback....iam little calm now ....i have turned into this creepy women who gets freaked out really easily! at all things now !
    I am trusting my doctor now...and off course God too.
    its lovely to have you all as support :)

Vasumathy likes this.
  10. Roses3

Roses3 Senior IL'ite

@ashima10 : Hi, as per your doctor's suggestion, aspirin 75 mg does no harm except that it is a blood thinner. For some women, there is a little bit of clotting disorder which is harmful during pregnancy. Your doctor wanted to play safe and thats why she has prescribes you with aspirin. There is no harm in taking it but you have to stop it before delivery. I think your doctor will say when to stop (probably around 37 weeks). With regards to stopping progesterone, it is better to slowly stop them , which means reduce your dose gradually or alternate the tablet for about 10 - 12 days and then stop. Taking progesterone unnecessarily is of no use. I just wrote what I am doing for my pregnancy as a suggestion. Take your decision.

ashima10 likes this.